MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EastGate Mall at Night? huzaifa47 General Discussion 9 10-28-2009 03:04 PM
Getting to limeridge mall with HSR? Neeksleep First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 10 09-24-2008 01:40 PM

Limeridge Mall

Old 07-25-2010 at 10:38 PM   #16
thisisje

Liked: 0 Times

Oh wow. So this hour/hour and a half travel will be more during weekends?
Because I plan to work during weekends.
Old 07-25-2010 at 10:48 PM   #17
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rstevenson View Post
almost an hour but not an hour and a half. it takes me that long to get to dundas from my house!
Lol, I live on the edge of Dundas basically but it only takes me an hour really to get to Limeridge, an hour and a half if there's traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisje View Post
Oh wow. So this hour/hour and a half travel will be more during weekends?
Because I plan to work during weekends.
It's likely yeah, I mean if you time it right, then it should only be an hour. I think the 5A comes like, every half an hour on Weekends. Not sure about the 25, but I think it runs fairly quickly.
Old 07-26-2010 at 12:16 AM   #18
EmilySusie

Liked: 18 Times

If you plan to work during the weekends, that would be easier, all you would need to do is leave early to give yourself enough time.

If you work weekdays that's when it gets a little trickier I think, I know because I worked in Limeridge before I went to Mac, and I worked mostly 5-9pm shifts during the week. That would have been very difficult to manage while going to Mac, because most of my classes were during the afternoon and I wouldn't be leaving class until about 4pm, which would barely give me enough time to get there by bus (even during the week you can expect it to take at least 40 mins). I live in the East End, and from home to Limeridge would only take about 20 mins, but from Mac it was too long, I thought it would have been too difficult so I left that store and transfered to one closer to Mac.

So basically, if you want to work weekends that could work, but you need to make sure that works with the employer too. Some employers might prefer that you work other hours. Limeridge is a great mall, and I liked working there, but sometimes it's better to find somewhere closer to Mac. There are retail stores in the West end, and McMaster also hires students during the year, so it could be much more convenient working closer.
Old 08-26-2010 at 10:04 PM   #19
Nora2

Liked: 0 Times

ugh the 1 hour commute up and down the mountain -____-
Old 09-01-2010 at 12:49 PM   #20
Naheed
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 11 Times

Go to Mapleview in Burlington- similar commute, and a different shopping experience altogether.