MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Review Review Starter Category Comments Last Post
Linguistics 1AA3 Assignment #2 luv.ng.u Academics 10 07-17-2010 10:18 PM
Anybody dropping Linguistics (1A03), MMedia (1A03, 1B03), or HLTH AGE (1AA3, 1BB3)? MacDaddy First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 07-15-2010 06:48 PM

Linguistics 1AA3

Old 06-13-2009 at 10:24 AM   #16
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Linguistics 1AA3
Linguistics 1AA3 is the follow up course to Linguistics 1A03. They both comprise what is introductory Linguistics at McMaster.

The main topics discussed are Syntax, Semantics, Pragmatics, Sociolinguistics, Historical Linguistics, Typology and Psycholinguistics.
Click here to read the entire review

Last edited by feonateresa : 06-13-2009 at 11:55 AM.

all say thanks to feonateresa for this post.
Old 12-10-2011 at 10:20 PM   #15
Angoose
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times
This course wasn't actually too bad (At the beginning), when Dr. Stroinska was there. After she was replaced by a different prof the course became kind of dry...but maybe because I don't like historical linguistics >: O. Attending lectures wasn't really necessary, though!
Old 12-11-2011 at 06:55 PM   #16
akikokoyoki
The Welcome Wagon
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 101 Times
i found this course easier than 1A03. When Dr. Stroinska was teaching it on the first part, it was all fairly easy to understand everything but I didn't take any lecture notes at all since everything is lay out on the lecture notes and her test is easy. When she was replaced by Dr. George Thomas after reading week, it because quite difficult to understand the rest of the material such as historical linguistics and his final exam was a little bit difficult than Dr. Stroinska.

Overall this course is awesome but I know someone else is teaching this course this coming semester (Dr. Anderson) and I heard that she is a good prof.
Old 06-09-2015 at 08:15 AM   #17
sua015

Liked: 0 Times
Help??
I'm planning to take both LINGUIST 1A03 and 1AA3, however 1A03 is only available winter 2016 and 1AA3 is only available Fall 2015. How would this work? Would I be allowed to take 1AA3 before..? Even though I don't think I am because it needs a pre requisite [1A03]

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search