MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Planet Smashers Oct. 15 (in toronto) julianface Music 2 08-14-2010 06:31 PM
Planet Energy Job **jewel 03** Volunteering Opportunities 6 04-02-2010 07:43 PM
Ordering Transcripts? mumbojumbo Academics 6 01-04-2010 10:59 PM
New planet content! andrew22 General Discussion 10 12-18-2009 11:52 AM

Little Big Planet 2 - Is it worth pre-ordering?

Old 01-15-2011 at 11:11 AM   #1
AdelaisAer
Legendary Survivor

Liked: 118 Times

Little Big Planet 2 - Is it worth pre-ordering?
Is it really worth pre-ordering, or should I just buy the normal version (when it comes out in two or three days)?

That leads me to the next question, "Is it even worth buying the game at all? Is it even good?"

Edit: This is for people who have seen reviews for the game (on IGN, for example, or Gamespot, or E3) and/or played the original Little Big Planet.

Last edited by AdelaisAer : 01-15-2011 at 11:25 AM.
Old 01-15-2011 at 11:17 AM   #2
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times

How on earth are we supposed to tell you if a game is good when it isn't even out yet? Although, most places on the internet say it is more of an expansion to LBP than it is a new game, so you might be better off just buying the original, which is fairly cheap now.
Old 01-15-2011 at 11:21 AM   #3
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by REPLEKIA/. View Post
How on earth are we supposed to tell you if a game is good when it isn't even out yet?
exactly my thoughts
Old 01-15-2011 at 11:22 AM   #4
AdelaisAer
Legendary Survivor

Iunno. Maybe you've seen the video reviews for it? And maybe you've played the first game?
Old 01-15-2011 at 11:33 AM   #5
Botchio

Liked: 4 Times

if you like platformers and are creative then its alot of fun, if you want to cry "what a lame game who plays with dolls" then no you will not enjoy it.

Personally the first one was tons of fun especially with a full party of friends, so i ordered the second one. Only reason i bought a ps3 was for LBP, xbox is so much better for online games in my opinion, plus it has gears
Old 01-15-2011 at 11:39 AM   #6
AdelaisAer
Legendary Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botchio View Post
if you like platformers and are creative then its alot of fun, if you want to cry "what a lame game who plays with dolls" then no you will not enjoy it.

Personally the first one was tons of fun especially with a full party of friends, so i ordered the second one. Only reason i bought a ps3 was for LBP, xbox is so much better for online games in my opinion, plus it has gears
Oh. Hm, I might consider it then. Iunno if I am going to go for the Collector's Edition, though. I mean, getting a 7" plush of the main character (if you can even call "it" that) is kinda nice, and I suppose the idea of having different costumes is nice, too. But it's twice as expensive as the normal version.

Also, PS3 has plenty of great RPGs.
Old 01-15-2011 at 11:50 AM   #7
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdelaisAer View Post
Oh. Hm, I might consider it then. Iunno if I am going to go for the Collector's Edition, though. I mean, getting a 7" plush of the main character (if you can even call "it" that) is kinda nice, and I suppose the idea of having different costumes is nice, too. But it's twice as expensive as the normal version.

Also, PS3 has plenty of great RPGs.
Er, I dunno they're teaching you these days, but back in my day, 2*$60 != $80...

I'm actually the only one of everyone I know with a PS3 that didn't obsess over the first LBP. It wasn't a bad game, I just didn't see why everyone was so entertained by it. If you have lots of friends and plan on making full use of the multiplayer, then I'd recommend it though because I' min the minority.

I'd also probably get the CE, but that's because I'm a tool for special editions of stuff. From what I've seen of the LBP2 CE though, it looks like you're getting your money's worth. If nothing else, girls will dig the Sackboy plush.

That line about RPGs sounded a little random though.
Old 01-15-2011 at 11:56 AM   #8
AdelaisAer
Legendary Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
Er, I dunno they're teaching you these days, but back in my day, 2*$60 != $80...

I'm actually the only one of everyone I know with a PS3 that didn't obsess over the first LBP. It wasn't a bad game, I just didn't see why everyone was so entertained by it. If you have lots of friends and plan on making full use of the multiplayer, then I'd recommend it though because I' min the minority.

I'd also probably get the CE, but that's because I'm a tool for special editions of stuff. From what I've seen of the LBP2 CE though, it looks like you're getting your money's worth. If nothing else, girls will dig the Sackboy plush.

That line about RPGs sounded a little random though.
Oh. I thought LBP2 was only around 30 to 40 bucks. My bad.

Ah, I see. I might get the CE then. I love extra stuff and collectibles like the plushes and whatnot.

And hey, it is true!
Old 01-15-2011 at 12:07 PM   #9
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

If you like platformers and either have a lot of PS3 playing friends to game with or plan to spend a lot of time online/creating then LBP2 is worth it. If not (i.e. If you plan to spend most of your time solo offline) then don't go for it.
Old 01-15-2011 at 12:08 PM   #10
AdelaisAer
Legendary Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailsnake View Post
If you like platformers and either have a lot of PS3 playing friends to game with or plan to spend a lot of time online/creating then LBP2 is worth it. If not (i.e. If you plan to spend most of your time solo offline) then don't go for it.
How come? o-o Is it that boring in Single-Player mode?
Old 01-15-2011 at 12:26 PM   #11
REPLEKIA/.

Quote:
in the original LBP, there wasn't too much offline play. The charm of LBP comes from creating your own levels and playing through other people's creations online.
Old 01-15-2011 at 12:42 PM   #12
AdelaisAer
Legendary Survivor

Quote:
in the original LBP, there wasn't too much offline play. The charm of LBP comes from creating your own levels and playing through other people's creations online.
Oh. o-o; Iunno if I will spend a lot of time online on my PS3. /hmm
Old 01-15-2011 at 01:08 PM   #13
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
It's somewhat short and boring if you're not playing with other people, playing interesting created levels you found online, or creating something yourself
Old 01-15-2011 at 01:25 PM   #14
REPLEKIA/.

I'd say there is less than 10 hours of good offline gameplay in the original LBP. I can't expect much of a difference for the new one.
Old 01-15-2011 at 01:29 PM   #15
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
I'd say there is less than 10 hours of good offline gameplay in the original LBP. I can't expect much of a difference for the new one.
To be fair, 10 hours is about the length of the average game, out side of games that have you repeating tasks (i.e. Adventure games w/ heavy backtracking and RPGs)