MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Microsoft upgrades Xbox Live with 40 entertainment services, live TV, and Kinect voic Chad Gaming 0 12-05-2011 03:33 AM
Avenue to Learn down? richardysm Academics 27 09-16-2011 12:53 AM
Avenue to Learn prostrt Academics 21 09-06-2011 10:10 AM
Want To Learn The Harmonica! manaya Music 5 08-20-2010 09:17 AM
Learn Link syaseen General Discussion 3 07-26-2009 10:03 PM

Live, Learn and Volunter- Peru 2012

Old 12-09-2011 at 09:19 AM   #1
AdamKuhn

Liked: 6 Times

Live, Learn and Volunter- Peru 2012
Mac Serve: Global is an international, multi-week experience that occurs in May. It challenges participants to live in, learn about and critically evaluate issues in a host community. Participants will gain a deeper understanding of themselves and their communities through service experience and reflection.

In May 2012 we will be traveling together to Urubamba, Peru to work and reside with our partner, Nexos Voluntarios. Work projects vary, but often involve build/construction projects in the local community. In addition to work projects, the week contains workshops and presentations from local leaders, artisans, activists and professors. Trip also includes social, cultural and historical activities such as a visit to Machu Picchu.
Please note applications close January 12, 2012.

INFORMATION SESSIONS

Wednesday, January 4 1:00pm - 2:00pm Wednesday, January 4 4:30pm - 5:30pm Thursday, January 5 1:00pm - 2:00pm Wednesday, January 11 3:30pm - 4:30pm All information sessions will be held in the Student Success Centre.

LIVE, LEARN AND VOLUNTEER

For more information and to apply- please visit: http://studentsuccess.mcmast er.ca/...ve-global.html

To read blog posts from previous trips- please visit: http://macserveseries.wordpr ess.com/
Also- check out our youtube video about the program here: http://www.youtube.com/user/McMaster...16/qvQ622yhMuk

TESTIMONIALS

‘It was not only a learning experience but one of the best times of my life with some of the most amazing people.’- Cristina Leonardelli

‘The program transformed the way I perceive challenges, urging me to believe in myself and the variety of things I could do to help others.’- Alyssa Lai

‘This program has helped me keep an open mind and be more of an observer. Being immersed in a different culture or society really forces you to rethink and re-evaluate your own way of being.’ - Shiree Worden

macbaby07 likes this.