MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[COPE] General Assembly Meeting Sept 15! (COPE: A Student Mental Health Initiative) Annie MacInsiders Announcements 0 09-12-2009 08:28 PM
English 2I06 (Modern British Literature) Term Two Essays ForeverYoung Academics 1 04-06-2009 09:42 AM
What Is wrong With British Society? huzaifa47 Politics 13 02-17-2009 05:21 PM
First Year Council GA Meeting Chad MacInsiders Announcements 1 02-01-2009 02:30 PM
Live Greener: The Student’s Guide summer Misc 3 08-10-2008 12:23 AM

LIVE - University of British Columbia student council meeting

Old 12-07-2009 at 10:20 PM   #16
fullsmash26
Reporter, Macleans

Liked: 15 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadpool View Post
Speaking of which.. it seems some problems are universal:
Yes, but they don't measure their losses at over a million dollars.
Old 12-07-2009 at 10:21 PM   #17
deadpool
X-Man

Liked: 392 Times

WOW. $4.7 million dollar renovation of their bar after a half-decade of losses that were between $300k and $62k...

I take back anything I ever made fun of about the Quarters reno.. THIS is fiscal irresponsibility.
Old 12-07-2009 at 10:29 PM   #18
fullsmash26
Reporter, Macleans

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadpool View Post
WOW. $4.7 million dollar renovation of their bar after a half-decade of losses that were between $300k and $62k...

I take back anything I ever made fun of about the Quarters reno.. THIS is fiscal irresponsibility.
Without the documents open in front of me, I believe you're looking at the renovation of the student centre. They have a huge student union building and it's undergoing massive renovations.

Louis' itself is in a heritage building. There may be asbestos involved as well.

For me to not notice 4.7 mil on a bar would be a surprise and for The Sheaf to not cover is impossible. Their student union council reporter the last two years as been one of the best in the business.

- Joey
Old 12-07-2009 at 10:32 PM   #19
deadpool
X-Man

Liked: 392 Times

Joey, any way for me to talk to you on a more instant chat, facebook perhaps? This stuff is really interesting.
Old 12-07-2009 at 10:43 PM   #20
fullsmash26
Reporter, Macleans

I'm afraid not, I'm about to call it a night. I have a 7am breakfast meeting. Wish the AMS Council were like a football league and respected the eastern time zone.