MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Day Lockers DonJuan Athletics & Recreation 2 10-24-2011 10:10 PM
Lockers at the Gym Angoose Athletics & Recreation 7 09-14-2010 07:29 PM
Lockers in the Gym DBAC leah.d Athletics & Recreation 14 08-21-2010 11:37 AM
Lockers smiles General Discussion 3 09-19-2009 07:59 PM
Lockers in BSB davidkim90 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 09-16-2008 06:08 PM

Lockers

Old 08-27-2012 at 02:45 PM   #1
Lily88

Liked: 0 Times

Lockers
Hi,

I was wondering if anybody could give some insight on how convenient the lockers are. I'm just debating is it worth renting a locker. I'm not too concerned about carrying stuff around but am curious if for labs, they allow us to bring jackets into the lab rooms.

Thanks!
Old 08-27-2012 at 02:52 PM   #2
Chevalier
Elite Member

Liked: 203 Times

If you are first year, you are probably still living on campus, in which case they are of no use.

If you are living off campus i find them to be very convenient. - NOTE: for labs they do allow you to bring jackets and bags into the lab, they usually have a special drawer near your lab bench for those things - that said i find that keeping my lab coat and goggles is really convenient cus they you never forget them at home. I also like to split up what i study at home and at school so I usually keep half my textbooks and binders at school in the locker and the other half at home. (sometimes a change of atmosphere is good for when you are trying to study - or rather not being in the same stagnant room all day). depending on the classes you sometimes need to bring extra clothes like a suit or just props and things for presentations and you dont want to be carrying them around form class to class which makes a locker pretty useful. since you are in health sci id imagine that you would encounter this quite a lot through all the PBL projects you will get.
Old 08-27-2012 at 03:16 PM   #3
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

If youre a commuter, lockers are life savers. Even if you do take your bag with you everywhere, you can unload whatever you want in your locker. It essentially becomes your go-to for everything. I suggest buying a locker in a central location such as TSH. Not only is the location good but they are full length lockers and reasonably deep. I shared with my boyfriend and we fit all of our things in it just fine.
Old 08-27-2012 at 03:41 PM   #4
*spark*

Liked: 55 Times

Does anyone know how to get a locker? Who do I go to if I want to rent one?
Also how much does it cost??
And are there lockers in BSB or JHE?
Old 08-27-2012 at 03:45 PM   #5
Lily88

Liked: 0 Times

The info on renting a locker is found here: http://www.bookstore.mcmaste r.ca/i...er-rental.html

*spark* says thanks to Lily88 for this post.
Old 08-27-2012 at 08:11 PM   #6
staceygab
Campus Store

Liked: 97 Times

There are lockers available in both buildings - keep in that there are limited quantities of lockers and they sell out fast so if you want a good one it's worth it to get there early.

Locker Rentals begin at 9:00am on Tuesday, September 4th in building T-29
http://www.bookstore.mcmaste r.ca/i...er-rental.html

*spark* says thanks to staceygab for this post.