Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lost Iphone hudsonbaypro General Discussion 17 08-08-2011 09:03 PM

Lost iPhone :(

Old 12-09-2011 at 07:48 PM   #1
DMe3

Liked: 26 Times

Lost iPhone :(
So i lost my phone (iPhone 4), somewhere in centro, and i went up to ask if the staff had it and they didn't. I also tried calling it but it was turned off so im assuming someone stole it, or hopefully found it and hasn't had a chance to report it yet. So i just wanna know if anyone has seen it, or if you are the one who took it please please please return it to me, I don't wanna have to go through this especially with exams going on right now. I really need it, please and thank you.
Old 12-09-2011 at 08:27 PM   #2
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMe3 View Post
.. I don't wanna have to go through this especially with exams going on right now. I really need it, please and thank you.
I would consider it a blessing to lose my phone during exams.

Either way, make sure to file a report if you haven't

http://security.mcmaster.ca/lost_found_report.htm l

Good luck
Old 12-09-2011 at 08:42 PM   #3
DMe3

i did thanks and also its the only way for me to contact my parents cuz im an international student so i really need it :/
Old 12-09-2011 at 09:47 PM   #4
chappy89

Liked: 149 Times

did you log onto your apple account and search for it? you can find it if its on (GPS), and send a message to it that displays a contact number for the person who found it to call...
Old 12-09-2011 at 11:20 PM   #5
Allan
Elite Member

Liked: 115 Times

"If you don’t have an iPhone, well, you don’t have an iPhone"
Old 12-09-2011 at 11:50 PM   #6
Reda
Elite Member

Liked: 274 Times

if you had mobileme on your phone you can track it
Old 12-10-2011 at 12:03 AM   #7
DMe3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan View Post
"If you don’t have an iPhone, well, you don’t have an iPhone"
You're clever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reda View Post
if you had mobileme on your phone you can track it
I do but apparently it doesn't work because its turned off or they took the sim card out so unless they connect to a wireless network there's no way its gonna get tracked down :C
Old 12-10-2011 at 08:16 AM   #8
Chevalier
Elite Member

Liked: 203 Times

that sucks, i hope you find it but in reality if someone did take it i doubt youll get it back. my firend lost his iphone last year in thode, or rather it was with his stuff, he walked away for a bit, he came back, and it was gone (clearly stolen). and he never got it back.

but yea hope you find it lol
Old 12-10-2011 at 11:52 AM   #9
AmyLia

Liked: 28 Times

Quote:
I do but apparently it doesn't work because its turned off or they took the sim card out so unless they connect to a wireless network there's no way its gonna get tracked down :C
If it's off, chances are that someone stole it and has little intention of returning it - they're easy to unlock and sell and they make quite a bit of money.
Make sure you call your phone company to deactivate the SIM card though.
Old 12-10-2011 at 01:24 PM   #10
muons

Liked: 84 Times

Hey I would recommend going to Apple or your service provider after exams. There are ways of tracking down a lost iPhone and they will be able to help you out more with this.

If anyone tries to register the phone using the serial number these companies can track them down I believe

Good luck =/
Old 12-10-2011 at 03:26 PM   #11
DMe3

Quote:
Originally Posted by muons View Post
Hey I would recommend going to Apple or your service provider after exams. There are ways of tracking down a lost iPhone and they will be able to help you out more with this.

If anyone tries to register the phone using the serial number these companies can track them down I believe

Good luck =/
Oh, I didn't know Apple could do that, I will definitely try it out, thanks!

I heard somewhere (I think its only in America that they do this though) that they can block the IMEI code so whoever took it cannot use it again... I know it wont do me any good but I would like to cause a little inconvenience to the person who stole my phone, as long as it doesn't take too much effort on my part :p
Old 12-11-2011 at 10:33 AM   #12
MacAttk

Liked: 38 Times

Quote:
Oh, I didn't know Apple could do that, I will definitely try it out, thanks!

I heard somewhere (I think its only in America that they do this though) that they can block the IMEI code so whoever took it cannot use it again... I know it wont do me any good but I would like to cause a little inconvenience to the person who stole my phone, as long as it doesn't take too much effort on my part :p
Pretty sure Apple can't track it more than you can. It needs to be on and connected to a network/on wifi for it to get tracked. But I'm not 100% positive, could be wrong.

Also, the only time a company blocks an IMEI is if the phone was stolen from one of their stores. They will never block it if it's stolen from a customer. And even if they block it, if it gets unlocked it can be used on any other carrier.

DMe3 likes this.
Old 12-11-2011 at 11:08 AM   #13
DMe3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAttk View Post
Pretty sure Apple can't track it more than you can. It needs to be on and connected to a network/on wifi for it to get tracked. But I'm not 100% positive, could be wrong.

Also, the only time a company blocks an IMEI is if the phone was stolen from one of their stores. They will never block it if it's stolen from a customer. And even if they block it, if it gets unlocked it can be used on any other carrier.
lol yeah they were pretty useless :p i guess i'm gonna have to give up thenn :(