MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
i lost Chevalier Gaming 20 09-11-2011 07:07 PM
I LOST MY KEY, MAC ID, etc... sagar35 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 09-19-2010 05:53 PM
nervous and Lost. clouds First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 10 09-06-2010 02:51 PM
Chinese Kitten Killer! :S huzaifa47 General Discussion 28 07-30-2009 08:22 AM
Lost Kitten AlchemistX General Discussion 87 06-29-2009 10:31 AM

Lost Kitten

Old 01-07-2012 at 04:05 PM   #16
icecubz
Trollin Ain't Easy

Liked: 115 Times

http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...ht=lost+kitten

this cat ran away for a second time? i think its a sign...

but seriously, i hope you find him.
Old 01-07-2012 at 04:18 PM   #17
pinkpiggydoe

Liked: 14 Times

i saw a cat when i came back on sunday jan 2nd at around 9:30 - 10:00pm.. it had a blue collar but it was really dark so i cant remember if it was stripped or just grey.. but there was so white for sure
i saw it at the intersection of sterling and whitton.. and it actually came up to me around my legs too and in to my car for a few minutes while i was unloading things into my house
then it ran off towards the direction of the school

sorry if this is not much help
i really hope you find your kitty and i'll keep a look out
Old 01-07-2012 at 04:50 PM   #18
Alomar12

Liked: 42 Times

Heather, he obviously isn't an "indoor cat" if it repeatedly escapes and gets lost. If you and/or your roomantes cannot be responsible, I recommend turning the cat over to an organization like Pride or Abandoned Cats, who will find proper home for it. You may want to check your student house lease, as many do not even permit pets. Finally, I must inform you of the consequences of losing a cat, especially if it is untagged.

A cat picked up by the Animal Control/Humane Society/SPCA will be kept for 3 complete days after it is found after which point the cat will be part of a mass euthanasia by gassing, if it is not claimed. It is imperative that you find the animal and that may involve contctng some shelters. It is also imperative that you have the cat spayed/neutered. Some shelters will not release a cat unless it has been and the organization will spay/neuter for a fee.

If you find the cat on your own, you may want to contact the Humane Society as they periodically offer heavy discounts on spaying/neutering.

All this said, I hope (for the cat's sake) you find it.
Old 01-07-2012 at 04:59 PM   #19
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Kobe doesn't like you, clearly...
Old 01-07-2012 at 04:59 PM   #20
Alomar12

Heather, he obviously isn't an "indoor cat" if it repeatedly escapes and gets lost. If you and/or your roomantes cannot be responsible, I recommend turning the cat over to an organization like Pride or Abandoned Cats, who will find proper home for it. You may want to check your student house lease, as many do not even permit pets. Finally, I must inform you of the consequences of losing a cat, especially if it is untagged.

A cat picked up by the Animal Control/Humane Society/SPCA will be kept for 3 complete days after it is found after which point the cat will be part of a mass euthanasia by gassing, if it is not claimed. It is imperative that you find the animal and that may involve contctng some shelters. It is also imperative that you have the cat spayed/neutered. Some shelters will not release a cat unless it has been and the organization will spay/neuter for a fee.

If you find the cat on your own, you may want to contact the Humane Society as they periodically offer heavy discounts on spaying/neutering.

Old 01-07-2012 at 05:05 PM   #21
Alomar12

See the other thread.
Old 01-07-2012 at 05:10 PM   #22
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alomar12 View Post
You may want to check your student house lease, as many do not even permit pets.
According to the landlord/tenant act (or whatever it's called now), a landlord is not allowed to prevent you from having a pet. Even though many leases will say no pets, if you want to get one the landlord can't stop you. They can charge a fee for cleaning at the end, etc, but they can NOT prevent you from getting a pet. Exceptions can exist if, for example, you live with a member of the landlord's immediate family, and I think there might be a few other exceptions as well.

Also, I would assume that the owners of this cat looked into this before getting one...
Old 01-07-2012 at 05:27 PM   #23
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:

Some douchebag's little lease doesn't override federal/provincial by-laws.

YOU ARE ALLOWED TO SMOKE AND HAVE PETS IN YOUR OWN ****ING HOUSE.
YOUR HOUSE. That the landlord is not allowed to enter at any time without 24 hours notice.

How often does this have to be said, seriously. T_T

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

fatcat likes this.
Old 01-07-2012 at 05:56 PM   #24
siefer1322

Liked: 96 Times

Cheri, some people want to live in a police state , its ****ing disgusting.
Old 01-07-2012 at 06:03 PM   #25
fatcat

Liked: 34 Times

Also, contact the local humane society perhaps with a description?i'm really sorry about your kitty. Hopefully you find him! :(
Old 01-07-2012 at 06:23 PM   #26
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Quote:

Are you serious?! That's horrible!
Old 01-07-2012 at 06:26 PM   #27
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
Are you serious?! That's horrible!
I'm not sure exactly how they kill the animals, but yes. If you go on the Hamilton Animal Control website, it talks about their policies. They don't have the resources to have an adoption program, so they try to find other shelters to take the animals after 3 days but if those are all full or the animal is too sick, they will euthanize it.
Old 01-07-2012 at 07:10 PM   #28
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
I've been with the SPCA for over a year and this is not true. Animal Control will keep the cat for 3 days, and if not claimed, the SPCA will put him up for adoption. They will only euthanize under extreme circumstances, and this is not one of those circumstances.

terrafirma says thanks to Kathy2 for this post.
Old 01-07-2012 at 07:18 PM   #29
alyssarr

Liked: 51 Times

I hope you find the little guy! Best of luck
Old 01-07-2012 at 07:19 PM   #30
thedog123123
Crazy Physicist

Liked: 313 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
Some douchebag's little lease doesn't override federal/provincial by-laws.

YOU ARE ALLOWED TO SMOKE AND HAVE PETS IN YOUR OWN ****ING HOUSE.
YOUR HOUSE. That the landlord is not allowed to enter at any time without 24 hours notice.

How often does this have to be said, seriously. T_T

unless you have the deed to the property, it is NOT your house. regardless you are correct you can have a pet. HOWEVER if the pet causes damage/allergic reactions the landlord can evict you because of said pet (though they have to go through a legal process). Furthermore a landlord can ban smoking in the rented premise and evict if said rule is nor followed.

Hope you find your cat

source:http://www.ltb.gov.on.ca/en/Key_Info...02_111232.html