MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Af & Cass Present: Amnesia - Halloween Night 2012 dquest MacInsiders Announcements 1 10-23-2012 11:46 PM
McMaster Pangaea Multicultural Event 2012 choihonlam MacInsiders Announcements 3 02-29-2012 11:46 PM
Halloween 1280? snair General Discussion 6 11-01-2009 12:48 AM

Mac Eng, Nursing, and 1280: Hosting Mac's BEST Halloween Event of 2012

HALLOWEEN PUB is this Saturday, Oct 27th at none other than TwelvEighty! Get ready for an awesome night of fun, music and dancing!

http://www.facebook.com/events/111504505675303/

Tickets will be on sale throughout the week in The Drain (JHE 121) for $10
Doors to TwelvEighty open at 10pm but we will be signing waivers in the JHE lobby beginning at 9:30 so come early, get you waiver signed and get ready to party! Must have a ticket and waiver to enter 1280!

We will have food brought out at midnight as well as prizes for best costume so dress up!

Have a song you want to hear at Halloween? Fill out this form and have your song heard!! http://bit.ly/Rw1NaH

**This event is mainly a 19+ event but we do have 50 tickets reserved for minors. If you're not 19 and you want to join us for this awesome event, be sure to get your ticket early**

NOTICE: Engineering event management is more than a step-up from your typical event planning group. The Engineering event planners set some ambitious goals, and made them happen this year! The last time we had an event planning committee like this, the Halloween Event had ~500 attendees from every different faculty, and once again, you're all invited!
Published by
Elite Member

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 10-25-2012 at 04:46 PM   #2
mike_302
Elite Member
Program: Engineering & Society
Year: Other

Liked: 422 Times
This is going to be WICKED! And it's Eng running the event, so 1280 won't have the stereotypical crowd: It'll be a little nerdy, a little dirty, and a whole lot more fun
  Deleted Post Deleted Post
Old 10-25-2012 at 07:23 PM   #3
AngryBean
Account Locked

Liked: 129 Times
I hope nursing is actively participating in this event, otherwise its going to be a sausage party.

lifesciman1 likes this.
Old 10-25-2012 at 07:34 PM   #4
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryBean View Post
I hope nursing is actively participating in this event, otherwise its going to be a sausage party.
There are lots of girls in engineering, in case you didn't know, lol

Old 10-25-2012 at 08:12 PM   #5
Snowman
Elite Member
Program: Engineering & Management
Year: Fifth
Residence: SOCS

Liked: 180 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
There are lots of girls in engineering, in case you didn't know, lol
Right... I guess the problem is that they just don't show up to tests or class so we don't see them

Old 10-25-2012 at 09:07 PM   #6
mike_302
Elite Member

Actually, I'd venture to say that nearly half the attendees of the event will be from outside of engineering... I can't say officially, as I haven't checked the sign-up sheet, but if I recall the last time we did this, there may have been nearly 1 non-eng to every eng.
Old 10-25-2012 at 09:20 PM   #7
Phaint
Account Locked
Program: Women's Studies
Year: Masters

Liked: 131 Times
You know you're in a dope ass program when you try to sell your program affiliated event's tickets by making sure everyone knows there won't be too many of you there.
Old 10-25-2012 at 09:35 PM   #8
mike_302
Elite Member

You know your clueless about proportions when you don't understand that "half" when you're talking about 500 attendees is actually a huge amount of participation from one faculty.
Old 10-25-2012 at 09:46 PM   #9
Phaint
Account Locked
Program: Women's Studies
Year: Masters

Liked: 131 Times
Hey. No one talks to Jimmy James like that.
Old 10-26-2012 at 06:35 AM   #10
AngryBean
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaint View Post
You know you're in a dope ass program when you try to sell your program affiliated event's tickets by making sure everyone knows there won't be too many of you there.
You know you are in a dope ass program when you don't have assignments and labs up the ass at any given point in term, which allows you to get wild pig drunk in between your "studies".
Old 10-26-2012 at 08:04 AM   #11
mike_302
Elite Member

How bout 'dem Wednesday night club regulars! Hence why, when Eng throws a party, it sets a new bar for "party"

Work hard, play harder

See all of you there!
Old 10-26-2012 at 04:04 PM   #12
mike_302
Elite Member

We're setting a Mac Eng record! In the next 1.5 hours, we are looking to sell 100 more tickets to Halloween Pub! Call your kids, call your wife! Invite everyone and tell them to get to the Drain in JHE 121 before 6:30pm today!
Old 10-26-2012 at 07:09 PM   #13
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy
Program: Software Engineering
Year: Fourth
Residence: SOCS

Liked: 1,656 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaint View Post
We just don't wanna neckbeard it up too hard mang.
Old 10-27-2012 at 04:32 PM   #14
julianface
Elite Member
Program: Business Informatics
Year: Third

Liked: 187 Times
The one time I was going to go to an eng party I was half way there when I saw my friends already leaving the ended party. It was 11:30 PM.
Old 10-27-2012 at 04:55 PM   #15
AngryBean
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by julianface View Post
The one time I was going to go to an eng party I was half way there when I saw my friends already leaving the ended party. It was 11:30 PM.
Yeah, they had to cancel it because they heard you were coming.

Badum Tsshhhh

But really, what party was it and when? Sometimes parties fail because of bad timing, like midterms and whatnot. Engineers treat midterms with pride and respect, spending on them proper time.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search