MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
When you pick up your osap do you get all the amount including QEII scholarship? memyselfandi Financial Aid 6 08-24-2010 10:53 AM
Mac Scholarship Qadd Financial Aid 1 08-04-2010 04:30 PM
OSAP Supporting Documentation & QE Scholarship Alchemist11 Financial Aid 5 08-15-2009 11:48 PM
mcmaster entrance scholarship - osap muns2 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 07-17-2009 02:40 PM
Entrance Scholarship? KafiaJM First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 10 05-26-2009 03:20 AM

mac scholarship + osap

Old 07-17-2010 at 05:09 PM   #1
Qadd

Liked: 3 Times

mac scholarship + osap
Hi there! I will be in first year in september and had a few q's about mac scholarships and osap.

Firstly, i did payment in full on my mac payment agreement, and 60% of my osap estimate is actually greater than what i have to pay. Does that mean I get to keep some money for myself when i pick it up during the first week? Also, is it reccomended that I pay a small amount before september 1st? It says that the payment is due on september 1st...but i cant collect osap unil, say, september 15. How does that work :S?? I really dont want interest to accumulate.......

my other q is about the mac scholarship...i cant select it on my payment agreement for some reason and idk why. I'm actually not sure if mac has my SIN number, but in any case, where/how would i give it to them? And if the mac scholarship isnt out yet for some ppl, then does anyone know when it'll be out

and my final q is about QEII. i also cannot select this (even on osap website) as it gives me th following message: "You currently have no scholarship information on file." Is anyone else getting that message, and if so, do u know when QEII should come out by?

Sorry to ask so many q's at once, but I found about macinsiders a few days ago and had all these bottled in

THANK YOU SOO MUCH!!
Old 07-17-2010 at 05:21 PM   #2
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

I'm not sure about the QEII. Last time, I believe my scholarship was available for me as an option toward the end of July, beginning of August. Keep checking.

For Payment in Full, first things first: Interest accumulates starting Sept 30th.
So pick up your OSAP on Sept 15th. Since 60% of your OSAP is greater than your tuition, on your loan documents, you will agree to pay the school (and they'll write down the tuition amount) and they will either: mail you a cheque with the difference or directly deposit it into your bank account.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 07-17-2010 at 05:32 PM   #3
cjdzl
G0DFATHER

Liked: 229 Times

when does the entrance scholarship become available?
where can I check to see my entrance scholarship
Old 07-17-2010 at 05:56 PM   #4
amitoj

Liked: 15 Times

hey there. I had a quick question about scholarships too. On mac's website, it says 80%-84%, the students gets $500. Now do you actually get $500 or is that divided into fours year?
Old 07-17-2010 at 05:59 PM   #5
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

You get only 500 in your first year.
Check for your scholarships on your Payment Agreement. It should appear as a payment option sometime soon. It's in the left hand box that also contains "OSAP; External Scholarships, etc"

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 07-17-2010 at 06:00 PM   #6
amitoj

Liked: 15 Times

oh ok cool. Thanks man
Old 07-17-2010 at 07:54 PM   #7
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnews.inc View Post
I'm not sure about the QEII. Last time, I believe my scholarship was available for me as an option toward the end of July, beginning of August. Keep checking.

For Payment in Full, first things first: Interest accumulates starting Sept 30th.
So pick up your OSAP on Sept 15th. Since 60% of your OSAP is greater than your tuition, on your loan documents, you will agree to pay the school (and they'll write down the tuition amount) and they will either: mail you a cheque with the difference or directly deposit it into your bank account.
You should make sure to check OSAP as a payment method in your payment agreement (when it becomes available). That way McMaster knows that you are picking up OSAP and will automatically deduct 60% of OSAP from your tuition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdzl View Post
when does the entrance scholarship become available?
where can I check to see my entrance scholarship
They should be available very soon, in 2008 they were available on the 23rd of July.
Old 07-18-2010 at 12:52 AM   #8
Rayine
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

Entrance scholarships arent renewable anymore. You only get it once, your first year.
President, McMaster Undergraduate Society for the Chemical Sciences
Old 07-18-2010 at 10:55 AM   #9
TheCrucible

Liked: 51 Times

About the Queen Elizabeth scholarship, the OSAP site says that they will send a letter in the mail if you were selected (though it will also be online) in early-mid August.

As well, to give McMaster your SIN, log onto MUGSI, click "My Profile" in the top-left box, and then click "Social Insurance Number" in the top-right box.