MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Still Can't Enable MacID Services?! Desda First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 07-07-2010 04:12 PM
Activate MacID before using solar? ralph2313 General Discussion 2 06-19-2008 05:47 PM
Mugsi & Activating MacID __lexington First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 06-11-2008 10:15 PM

MacID help

Old 05-29-2011 at 11:14 AM   #1
MirandaC

Liked: 41 Times

MacID help
When I went to May at Mac I was told that after I accepted my offer I would be sent an email. I was not sent an email and I would really like to get the ball rolling and apply for residence before I forget and get put on the waiting list.

It says to activate my MacID I need my student number and barcode. It said the barcode is on the letter with my offer of admission on it but it did not say to use the student number on the offer of admission. Do you get a different student number after you accept your offer or should I use the one I have?

Thanks, any help is appreciated.
Old 05-29-2011 at 11:24 AM   #2
RememberTwce
Memento Mori

Liked: 878 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordnerd View Post
When I went to May at Mac I was told that after I accepted my offer I would be sent an email. I was not sent an email and I would really like to get the ball rolling and apply for residence before I forget and get put on the waiting list.

It says to activate my MacID I need my student number and barcode. It said the barcode is on the letter with my offer of admission on it but it did not say to use the student number on the offer of admission. Do you get a different student number after you accept your offer or should I use the one I have?

Thanks, any help is appreciated.
I'm not 100% but I'm pretty sure the student number they initially give you is the one that you keep upon accepting your offer. Should be 7 digits, probably starts with a 1.

Edit: I just checked for my offer of admission from last year. I found a folder that said Offer of Admission on the front and inside there was a paper that listed my student # and my barcode directly below it.

Last edited by RememberTwce : 05-29-2011 at 11:27 AM.
Old 05-29-2011 at 11:26 AM   #3
MirandaC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTwce View Post
I'm not 100% but I'm pretty sure the student number they initially give you is the one that you keep upon accepting your offer. Should be 7 digits, probably starts with a 1.
It is seven digits and starts with one but I am really scared that I am somehow going to **** this up. Should I email or call the registrar office tomorrow?
Old 05-29-2011 at 11:28 AM   #4
RememberTwce
Memento Mori

Quote:
It is seven digits and starts with one but I am really scared that I am somehow going to **** this up. Should I email or call the registrar office tomorrow?
Lol if your paper says "Student #: 1######" and "Barcode: ###############", then you really have nothing to lose.

If you do it you should get your MacID, which will be something like LastName(FirstInitial )##. John Smith would get something like SmithJ41.

MirandaC says thanks to RememberTwce for this post.
Old 05-29-2011 at 11:29 AM   #5
guildenstern

Liked: Liked 6 Times

i already applied for residence and i used the student number and the barcode number that were on my acceptance letter

MirandaC says thanks to guildenstern for this post.
Old 05-29-2011 at 11:43 AM   #6
MirandaC

Okay, I activated it and it said the right name so I guess I did it right. Thanks!

P.S. Remember Twice, I find your program loading thing really amusing.
Old 05-29-2011 at 11:45 AM   #7
MirandaC

Wait, one more question. Do I have to go through SOLAR and MUGSI before applying because it told me to do that too.
Old 05-29-2011 at 12:05 PM   #8
RememberTwce
Memento Mori

Quote:
Wait, one more question. Do I have to go through SOLAR and MUGSI before applying because it told me to do that too.
To be honest I really don't remember anymore. I don't know what you would need to do on MUGSI, maybe there is some registration page but I don't think so. I don't think you'll need to go on SOLAR until you pick courses, which wont be until the end of June.

I might be wrong about this stuff, it's been a while.

Quote:
Okay, I activated it and it said the right name so I guess I did it right. Thanks!

P.S. Remember Twice, I find your program loading thing really amusing.
Lol thank you. It should change soon, once I figure out which programs I got into and once I finally make a decision.
Old 05-29-2011 at 12:06 PM   #9
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
If it told you to, then yes.
Old 05-29-2011 at 12:24 PM   #10
MirandaC

Alright, I got it. Thank you everyone.