MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DeGroote MeetUp goodnews.inc First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 09-06-2009 10:03 PM
See Yourself on MacInsiders During Welcome Week! lorend MacInsiders Announcements 4 09-04-2009 11:06 PM
This Week in MacInsiders Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 08-24-2008 07:56 PM
What's Coming Up This Week at MacInsiders lorend MacInsiders Announcements 7 08-19-2008 09:03 PM

Macinsiders Meetup: Welcome Week Edition!

Old 08-26-2010 at 11:16 PM   #1
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

Macinsiders Meetup: Welcome Week Edition!
It looks like some of us are a little lonely and looking for company, and I figured since so many people joined over the summer it'd be appropriate to have another meetup somewhere, sometime.

I'm sure someone would have thought of this eventually.

Veterans! It'd be a great opportunity to meet the newcomers and catch up with other vets!

Newcomers! Make friends that you don't have to pay for!
And the legends behind the usernames!

We usually have a dinner, but if people don't like the idea/can't fit it into their schedule, we can always just have an informal gathering somewhere. If we do decide on a dinner, I'm open to suggestions. Possible spots include 1280, Bridges, East Side Marios, Boston Pizza, or wherever else meal cards are accepted.

I'm going through the Welcome Week Schedule, but I'm not sure which day works best since there always seems to be something going on in the evening. I'm looking at Wednesday tentatively since Clubsfest is that day and we (can I say "we" if I'm not staff?) have a booth. Also, we can sort of time things around the PJ Parade/Westdale food tour if we have dinner in Westdale somewhere.

If not, there's a food tour going on Monday as well.

Thoughts, anyone? Post if you think you'd be able to make it or if you have any suggestions.

Edit: This is now the Macinsiders Social 2.0 Awareness thread! For people like me who missed this:

http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...8.html?t=30658

Last edited by Entropy : 08-26-2010 at 11:52 PM.
Old 08-26-2010 at 11:19 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
It looks like some of us are a little lonely and looking for company, and I figured since so many people joined over the summer it'd be appropriate to have another meetup somewhere, sometime.

I'm sure someone would have thought of this eventually.

Veterans! It'd be a great opportunity to meet the newcomers and catch up with other vets!

Newcomers! Make friends that you don't have to pay for!
And the legends behind the usernames!

We usually have a dinner, but if people don't like the idea/can't fit it into their schedule, we can always just have an informal gathering somewhere. If we do decide on a dinner, I'm open to suggestions. Possible spots include 1280, Bridges, East Side Marios, Boston Pizza, or wherever else meal cards are accepted.

I'm going through the Welcome Week Schedule, but I'm not sure which day works best since there always seems to be something going on in the evening. I'm looking at Wednesday tentatively since Clubsfest is that day and we (can I say "we" if I'm not staff?) have a booth. Also, we can sort of time things around the PJ Parade/Westdale food tour if we have dinner in Westdale somewhere.

If not, there's a food tour going on Monday as well.

Thoughts, anyone? Post if you think you'd be able to make it or if you have any suggestions.
http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...8.html?t=30658

Although we aren't planning it on welcome week, it'll be the week after. Stay tuned for more information.
Old 08-26-2010 at 11:20 PM   #3
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

Well, this is a little awkward. Delete the thread for me? =p
Old 08-26-2010 at 11:22 PM   #4
temptingf8
Elite Member

Liked: 129 Times

Hydro One co-op in downtown Toronto, so I can't make it.

I miss you guys!
Old 08-26-2010 at 11:24 PM   #5
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

Hey Stephen! No worries.. just shows how much our members want to have a meetup.. and boy are we going to deliver!

MacInsiders Social will be taking place the week after Welcome Week! It's going to be HUGE. Our big Back-To-School Giveaway winners will be announced, there will be free food and drinks, and lots of prizes. More details will be revealed over the next week. See the announcement here! So hopefully you guys will all come out to that, as there will be MI staff there to meet, as well as hopefully a bunch of new members and 'veterans' alike

Last year we had over 50 people and completely maxed out BP's dining room, so this year we're taking it to an even bigger and more amazing venue, a new classy restaurant called Stonewalls located near Copps. And you won't need your meal card... food is on us!

Entropy, lorend like this.
Old 08-26-2010 at 11:29 PM   #6
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Hey Stephen! No worries.. just shows how much our members want to have a meetup.. and boy are we going to deliver!

MacInsiders Social will be taking place the week after Welcome Week! It's going to be HUGE. Our big Back-To-School Giveaway winners will be announced, there will be free food and drinks, and lots of prizes. More details will be revealed over the next week. See the announcement here! So hopefully you guys will all come out to that, as there will be MI staff there to meet, as well as hopefully a bunch of new members and 'veterans' alike

Last year we had over 50 people and completely maxed out BP's dining room, so this year we're taking it to an even bigger and more amazing venue, a new classy restaurant called Stonewalls located near Copps. And you won't need your meal card... food is on us!
What day and time is the meetup?
Old 08-27-2010 at 06:57 AM   #7
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Can you make it less obvious that you're talking about me, kthx. ;D

No need to feed my ego.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.