MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Guitar Discussion VastHorizon General Discussion 51 10-02-2009 06:10 PM
MACPASS 2009 Discussion kanishka First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 374 08-16-2009 08:23 PM
New Course Discussion Forum Chad MacInsiders Announcements 1 08-12-2007 05:46 PM

MacPass 2008 Discussion

Old 08-05-2008 at 08:27 AM   #76
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by aya017 View Post
yeah my parents are kinda strict so i don't think they'll let me.
Faculty night is monitored by upper years and plenty of them. Your parents have nothing to worry about if their concern is that you're going to be out and about late at night with a bunch of first years. There is no drinking and no drugs allowed, it's a clean event. You'll be having dinner most likely and doing events with your fellow classmates, that's all. Perhaps if your parents know these details about Faculty Night they won't be as concerned.

Old 08-06-2008 at 12:27 PM   #77
aya017

Liked: 22 Times

Thanks you guys. I'll ask them, but yeah Asian parents. idk. sometimes.. lol.

I'm in the Faculty of Health Sci, so we're going to Valens.
I'm thinking my parents will complain because it's too far and I'd be home late. LOL
Old 08-06-2008 at 12:29 PM   #78
Talon89

Liked: 14 Times

Been looking around to see if anyone would ask this but I can't seem to find it and I apologize for posting again if there was a post on it, but I was wondering if you could buy a macpass for someone else? Like I'm going this Friday for Welcome Day and plan to get my macpass that day too, but my friend is out of town this whole week so I was wondering if there was any chance that I could buy it for her? =/ I know the program and res that she's in, just I don't know her personal stuff (student id, etc.)
Old 08-06-2008 at 12:53 PM   #79
**jewel 03**

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Quote:

I'm thinking my parents will complain because it's too far and I'd be home late. LOL
hey how do you find out where exactly you are going on your Faculty night? Like you said you are going to Valens?
Old 08-06-2008 at 01:36 PM   #80
deadpool
X-Man

Liked: 394 Times

It's a secret. Blindfolds and all.
Old 08-06-2008 at 01:47 PM   #81
Chris

Liked: 1 Time

I bought a macpass last year, and honestly felt ripped off..the laundry bag and nalgene were useful, but it was not worth paying $150 or whatever it was.. it got me into both the concerts, but you could have just payed $10 without a macpass. I thought it was kinda shady that everyone made it seem like you NEED to buy a macpass to enjoy frosh week..my room mate didnt buy one and participated in everything just as much as I did. i dunno thats just my experience..
Old 08-06-2008 at 02:17 PM   #82
casey.park
SRA Member

Liked: 28 Times

Quote:

I'm one of the Welcome Week Coordinators for the BHSc program this year and tell your parents that Faculty Night is an absolute must attend event. Faculty and HealthSci reps will be there so your parents have nothing to worry about. I won't tell you the location we're going to, but it's definitely going to be the most fun evening of Welcome Week.
Old 08-06-2008 at 02:21 PM   #83
casey.park
SRA Member

Liked: 28 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I bought a macpass last year, and honestly felt ripped off..the laundry bag and nalgene were useful, but it was not worth paying $150 or whatever it was.. it got me into both the concerts, but you could have just payed $10 without a macpass. I thought it was kinda shady that everyone made it seem like you NEED to buy a macpass to enjoy frosh week..my room mate didnt buy one and participated in everything just as much as I did. i dunno thats just my experience..
The amount of swag that you get is really dependent on your program. I know that SocSci and HealthSci this year have ridiculous amounts of swag and I'm pretty sure that other programs/faculties understand that the MacPass is quite the investment, so their swag will be equally as awesome.

I've heard that both res reps and faculty reps will be told this year to make sure that 1st years have their MacPass wrist band on them before they can attend events and that this will be enforced more so than years before.
Old 08-06-2008 at 10:02 PM   #84
KaylaMarie

Liked: 3 Times

Any word on which band(s) will be appearing this year?
Old 08-06-2008 at 10:06 PM   #85
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times

It hasn't been announced yet and they're keeping it underwraps as of now.. we should hear any day now...
Old 08-06-2008 at 11:32 PM   #86
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon89 View Post
Been looking around to see if anyone would ask this but I can't seem to find it and I apologize for posting again if there was a post on it, but I was wondering if you could buy a macpass for someone else? Like I'm going this Friday for Welcome Day and plan to get my macpass that day too, but my friend is out of town this whole week so I was wondering if there was any chance that I could buy it for her? =/ I know the program and res that she's in, just I don't know her personal stuff (student id, etc.)
Call the office Thursday (or stop by the tent friday) and ask. Phone #: 905-525-9140 ext 26691

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 08-07-2008 at 11:26 AM   #87
kenvin100
Elite Member

Liked: 21 Times

can i pay on august 30th..i mailed the form to them but i got an email stating they dont accept AMEX (i must have misread it or something)

I would go tomorrow but the thing is my folks have work, and its a 2hr drive from Scarborough..i dont mind payin an additional 10 bucks..i was on time for the discount but w.e. lol

Last edited by kenvin100 : 08-07-2008 at 11:28 AM.
Old 08-07-2008 at 12:06 PM   #88
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times

You can pay when you get there! =)
Old 08-31-2008 at 11:53 PM   #89
musician

Liked: 0 Times

Just a quick question. If you do not buy a macpass, can you attend the faculty day events? or do you have to buy a macpass to attend it?
Old 06-25-2009 at 12:00 AM   #90
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Since the 2009 MacPass is much different in terms of pricing than the 2008 one, discussion on this topic is now considered closed. However, please feel free to start a 2009 MacPass thread!

Thanks!

MacInsiders Staff

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement