MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Roommate discussion nikki12 Mary Keyes Forum 1 07-19-2010 08:19 PM
Guitar Discussion VastHorizon General Discussion 51 10-02-2009 06:10 PM
MacPass 2009 Chad MacInsiders Announcements 8 07-14-2009 12:16 PM
MacPass 2008 Discussion tee33 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 83 06-25-2009 12:00 AM
New Course Discussion Forum Chad MacInsiders Announcements 1 08-12-2007 05:46 PM

MACPASS 2009 Discussion

Old 06-29-2009 at 04:59 PM   #1
kanishka
winning

Liked: 39 Times

MacPass 2009 Discussion
Hey guys as you might know that the following events are accessible only if one has a macpass....so could you explain as to what happens in each of the events listed below?
  • Concerts
  • Monday Night Social
  • Mac Connector
  • Carnival IRIS Drama Production
  • In-Hall/SOCS Programs
  • Faculty Day & Faculty Night
  • Opening Footbal Season Game
  • Selected Meals
  • Cool Swag from your faculty/residence (for example: water bottles, pens, umbrellas etc.)
  • Laundry Bag
Old 06-29-2009 at 05:11 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by goelk View Post
Hey guys as you might know that the following events are accessible only if one has a macpass....so could you explain as to what happens in each of the events listed below?
  • Concerts
  • Monday Night Social
  • Mac Connector
  • Carnival IRIS Drama Production
  • In-Hall/SOCS Programs
  • Faculty Day & Faculty Night
  • Opening Footbal Season Game
  • Selected Meals
  • Cool Swag from your faculty/residence (for example: water bottles, pens, umbrellas etc.)
  • Laundry Bag
Concerts:
I'm not sure who is performing in the concerts this year. But there should be 2 of them.

Monday Night Social:
Monday Night Social is your choice to branch out and meet people of difference residence/SOCS and faculties at various events such as the Mac Mixer or while enjoying some live music at Quarters. It doesn't end there- Get you dancing shoes on for a chance to try swing, salsa, or break dancing (or all three!) with professional instructors. If you are sill looking for something different then head over to the Mills Library courtyard for a coffeehouse while enjoying frozen dessert treats. This is one event you don't want to miss! Check it out at the student centre on the Monday of Welcome Week.

Mac Connector:
Picture this- a large field and a sea of people all wearing their colorful Rez/SOCS shirts! This event is designed to help you feel more comfortable about connecting to Mac and the people you'll be with for the next four years! This is a physically active event so running shoes are a good idea!

Carnival IRIS Drama Production:
It's basically like a sketch on the first year lives of different people.

In-Hall/SOCS programs:
These programs are made by your residence or SOCS if you are off-campus. It's different for all residences. Last year we have a scavenger hunt in Edwards.

Faculty Day & Faculty Night:
Basically you spend the entire day with your faculty. They will have games and stuff. It was pretty cool last year for Science.

Opening Season Football Game:
I believe it's McMaster's turn to host the opening game. So you can go watch the football game and support McMaster!

Selected Meals:
Not sure what this is... It could be like a dinner with your floor or something like that. I don't know what it is though.

Cool Swag:
It differs from faculty to faculty and residence to residence. Science will probably have those awesome metal bottles. There'll probably be lanyards as well, t-shirts, etc..

Laundry Bag:
Your Swag will come in the bag, most likely. It's really nice to have to bring down your clothes to the laundry room.
Old 06-29-2009 at 05:29 PM   #3
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Sounds awesome . WHo performed last year for concerts.. just curious
Old 06-29-2009 at 05:31 PM   #4
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara_h216 View Post
Sounds awesome . WHo performed last year for concerts.. just curious
Alexisonfire and... I can't remember the other one >.< They also have opening bands.
Old 06-29-2009 at 05:35 PM   #5
Cristina_n13

Liked: 23 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Alexisonfire and... I can't remember the other one >.< They also have opening bands.
& Tokyo Police Club.
Old 06-29-2009 at 05:37 PM   #6
Nino
Insider Agent (IA)

Liked: 91 Times

Last year, for the first concert it was Alexisonfire with Ruby Coast as special guests. Tokyo Police Club and special guests Johnny Traunt performed for the second concert.
Old 06-29-2009 at 05:42 PM   #7
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristina_n13 View Post
& Tokyo Police Club.
OH RIGHT! Lol, Yeah they were good ^-^
Old 06-29-2009 at 05:50 PM   #8
Kevin

Liked: 1 Time

Is it worth it to buy the macpass if your an upper year in res?
Old 06-29-2009 at 05:53 PM   #9
Nino
Insider Agent (IA)

Liked: 91 Times

You can't purchase a MacPass if you're an upper year student. I talked to someone though and you should be able to purchase residence and faculty shirts.
Old 06-29-2009 at 05:56 PM   #10
Kevin

I see. Good to know I don't need to spend $100+ more. So I assume I won't be able to do any of the stuff during welcome week?
Old 06-29-2009 at 05:58 PM   #11
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
I see. Good to know I don't need to spend $100+ more. So I assume I won't be able to do any of the stuff during welcome week?
Probably not... It's really only for first year. Better to let them have all the fun. Plus upper years move in later, during welcome week (not before).
Old 06-29-2009 at 05:59 PM   #12
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
You'll still be able to attend the concerts in faculty hollow.
Old 06-29-2009 at 06:15 PM   #13
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 473 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTGregD View Post
You'll still be able to attend the concerts in faculty hollow.
Which is about the only interesting activity for upper years anyway.

As mentioned if you're living in residence and want a residence t-shirt or a faculty t-shirt I believe these can be purchased separately. As can a lot of faculty stuff like water bottles, umbrellas, etc whatever your faculty has. They sell that kind of stuff year round at the offices.
Old 06-29-2009 at 06:25 PM   #14
Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sew12 View Post
Which is about the only interesting activity for upper years anyway.

As mentioned if you're living in residence and want a residence t-shirt or a faculty t-shirt I believe these can be purchased separately. As can a lot of faculty stuff like water bottles, umbrellas, etc whatever your faculty has. They sell that kind of stuff year round at the offices.
I don't really care for the t-shirts, water bottles, etc. Mostly I was just asking cuz I wanted to know if I could still go to some of the events, like the concerts.
Old 06-29-2009 at 06:28 PM   #15
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 361 Times

Well I think I'm pretty sure last year the first concert and comedy show was open to everyone but the second(TPC I think or the other one) required a MacPass band for Access!

Also for example our Faculty night for Socsci included two seperate bands as well. Since our this years theme is about music as well we probably will have more bands or even a DJ.

But for some wierd reason I was turned off by the indie/pop rock/Punk typish bands that always show up, I guess I'm more of a Blues/Grunge/Classic/Hard Rock kind of person but I actually left after a few minutes of that music last year :S

MSU Vice President Education '12/13