MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Do I really need a macpass? vjonica First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 08-28-2010 08:41 PM
Macpass cjdzl First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 08-06-2010 02:10 PM
Macpass Ish001 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 07-16-2010 01:48 PM
MACPASS 2009 Discussion kanishka First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 374 08-16-2009 08:23 PM

MacPass 2009

MacPass 2009

Have questions about the 2009 MacPass? Is it worth buying? Read other student's thoughts in the MacInsiders MacPass 2009 Discussion Thread!

Here is all the 'official' information provided about MacPass via the First Year Experience Office website, and what you get with it. Read the items that you get with it and if you feel they are worth the money, then feel free to buy it here. For students in residence, the pass is quite valuable as there are specific residence events which you will want to participate in. For off-campus students, there are certain concerts and Faculty Day events that can make the pass worth it if you attend them all. However, if you don't see yourself attending those events, then you can still go and enjoy certain WW activities without the pass.

Also check out the other discussions on MacInsiders about MacPass:Last year these events did NOT REQUIRE the MacPass. This year we aren't sure yet which ones won't require the pass, but we'll keep you updated!
  1. MAC Connector (meet hundreds of fellow students all at once with icebreakers and games)
  2. Faculty Hollow Concerts
    TWO concerts, both are first-come-first-serve and will be two really well-known bands... but we can't say who yet! Keep checking back to MacInsiders and the MSU Campus Events website for details.
  3. Airbands
  4. PJ Parade (travel through the streets of the McMaster community showing your spirit)
  5. Comedy Night (featuring a top comedian!)
  6. Late Night Movie
  7. Sidewalk Sale
  8. Hypnotist
  9. Clubsfest - Sept 3rd, the Wednesday (be sure to stop by the MacInsiders booth!!!)
  10. MSU Tent/Table - Pick up your FREE almanac and wall calendar!
  11. Maroons - look out for the Maroons, they'll want to see your Mac spirit!
  12. Shinerama - read more
  13. Finale
Published by
MacInsiders Founder/Admin

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 06-30-2009 at 07:51 PM   #2
jmbauman
Union Market Manager
SRA Member
Program: History
Year: McMaster Employee

Liked: 32 Times
fail post.

Last edited by twinny1 : 06-30-2009 at 07:56 PM.
  Deleted Post Deleted Post
Old 06-30-2009 at 11:18 PM   #3
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff
Program: Biology and Pharmacology
Year: Fifth
Residence: Keyes

Liked: 624 Times
Sounds good
Old 07-09-2009 at 10:27 PM   #4
florencem.
Program: Social Sciences
Year: Second
Residence: SOCS!

Liked: 34 Times
buying my macpass was TOTALLY worth it. I am very happy I got mine.

Old 07-10-2009 at 12:32 AM   #5
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by florencem. View Post
buying my macpass was TOTALLY worth it. I am very happy I got mine.
Sounds good! Did people actually get into events without one, as was mentionned earlier on some threads?
Old 07-10-2009 at 12:59 AM   #6
florencem.
Program: Social Sciences
Year: Second
Residence: SOCS!

Liked: 34 Times
You can but it's not the same. And you won't be able to get food at some events. Last year you could get into the concerts without it but it won't be like that this year so I understand. Im sure you could go to things like bedraces if you were not to have it but then you would not have the shirts and swag with everyone else.. not the same.
Old 07-10-2009 at 01:02 AM   #7
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff
Program: BA (Hons) CSCT and Anthropology, BA (Hons) English & Indigenous Studies
Year: Alumni
Residence: Whidden

Liked: 507 Times
You could.

This year is this year, and past years were past years. The Faculty-Wide Welcome Week Planner (FWWWP) has stated that security will be increased this year, so even though students got in last year the same most likely will not be true this year.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

~*Sara*~ says thanks to lorend for this post.
Old 07-14-2009 at 10:54 AM   #8
JY123
Program: Health Sciences
Year: Third

Liked: 3 Times
I just purchased a MacPass online, however I clicked process transaction twice, thinking that the first one did not go through. Now I think I'm going to be charged twice for the MacPass, is there a way to reverse the second transaction? Thanks!
Old 07-14-2009 at 12:16 PM   #9
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Contact the FYE office, and tell them about the problem, they'll tell if you were charged twice, and if so, they'll most likely refund the second payment. Or you can always check on your online banking page, if you have it set up.

JY123 says thanks to ~*Sara*~ for this post.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search