MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do I really need a macpass? vjonica First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 08-28-2010 08:41 PM
What EXACTLY is in a MacPass? Desda First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 22 07-16-2010 02:35 PM
Macpass cjdzl First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 07-16-2010 08:55 AM
Last day for MacPass? lampk First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-18-2008 07:22 PM

macpass info

Old 08-18-2008 at 10:40 AM   #1
sycoman

Liked: 9 Times

macpass info
Hey guys,

On welcome day (last day to purchase the discounted macpass) i called the FYEO and it said to leave your name and student number so that they could extend you the discount... So i did that but still havent recieved a call from them for making the payment.. Are they supposed to call me or can i pay when i move in?

Thanks
Old 08-18-2008 at 02:11 PM   #2
georgeb.1990

Liked: 2 Times

Bump since I'd like to know the answer to this as well.

If I just show up on the move-in day without having contacted the FYEO first will I still be able to buy a MacPass (either full or discounted price)? I remember reading something about them being limited.
Old 08-18-2008 at 07:52 PM   #3
Nosferatu

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycoman View Post
Hey guys,

On welcome day (last day to purchase the discounted macpass) i called the FYEO and it said to leave your name and student number so that they could extend you the discount... So i did that but still havent recieved a call from them for making the payment.. Are they supposed to call me or can i pay when i move in?

Thanks
You left then your name and student number...what about your phone number?
But seriously, give them a call. I was in the same situation (calling on Friday, the last day -"procrastinators unite!....tomorrow"), but I called them on Monday as well and spoke to a guy there who verified that I called and left a message indeed. And I got a confirmation email two days after that.

P.S. I payed instantly, with my mom's credit card, so you may need to have the parent present for payment.
Old 08-18-2008 at 08:53 PM   #4
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Indeed, if you didn't give a phone number how could they call back?

Also, there is a possibility that somewhere between leaving a number (if you did) and them trying to call you it was recorded or entered wrong...which is why they have not gotten back to you.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement