MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Mock Timetable vs. Assigned Timetable Theashe First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-11-2010 01:57 PM
Help with making Mock timetable for Engineering I Zachary First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 07-18-2010 03:46 PM
Mock timetable... Advice Please! kgrun First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 06-24-2010 07:19 PM
Mock Timetable vp15 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 38 06-24-2010 10:10 AM
Another mock timetable... oranges First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 06-07-2010 02:44 PM

Making a mock timetable

Old 06-28-2010 at 02:28 PM   #1
anthony

Liked: 7 Times

Making a mock timetable
My SOLAR opens up tonight at 12:01 so I planned on going on and trying to get most of it done. I decided to start making a mock timetable, but then I thought that it might be completely irrelevant because what I chose might already be chosen. How hard is it to plan it all on the spot?
Old 06-28-2010 at 02:46 PM   #2
pocalyuko

Liked: 9 Times

It next to impossible to plan every date and time what you want bud.
You can get lucky and plan when you want certain courses in either semester but thats about it
you have to wait until SOLAR re-opens in August and timetables are released, then the fun begins of re-arranging your schedule to get what you want with regards to times
Old 06-28-2010 at 02:49 PM   #3
anthony

Ok thanks. I just found out my stats course and computer programming completely over lap so i can't take computer programming :(. So basically I go on at 12:01 and secure a spot in each course and then try and re-arrange in august?
Old 06-28-2010 at 03:16 PM   #4
pocalyuko

Liked: 9 Times

yea man thats basically what it is. If you ever have a problem registering in a required course just email the academic advisor or someone in that faculty and they should open up a spot for you.

the easy part is registering for the courses
once the timetables are released, all hell breaks loose on MUGSI and SOLAR because everybody wants certain times lol
Old 06-28-2010 at 04:20 PM   #5
dani.garc

Liked: 0 Times

Not to be negative, but don't expect do get on the network on your first attempt. Most people can't sign into MUGSI until maybe 1:30. I didn't get on until 2:00 - I've even heard of some people not getting on until 3:30. So you can either try and stay up, set an alarm for early in the morning (2:00 am), or wait until morning. Good luck!
Old 06-28-2010 at 05:17 PM   #6
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

Making a mock timetable is more useful in August so that you know what cores and tutorials you want. By that time people may have changed their minds so getting into some courses may be easier than others. Also, keep checking the master time table: they do make changes. I remember a change to the Math 1A03 timings last year, but I can't recollect which month. Suffice to say it was very inconveniencing but probably not so for some others who got the spots they wanted.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 06-28-2010 at 10:09 PM   #7
Jellybeanz

Liked: 23 Times

Basically, just have an outline of courses that won't conflict with one another and select those courses, that's what I did. I tried getting on at 12:01 on Sunday, but I couldn't get on right away. However, I checked back every 5 minutes and managed to get on at 12:15! I would suggest loggin onto MUGSI before 12:01, because I'm pretty sure that there's a max capacity for both MUGSI and SOLAR. But, if you know what courses you want, what semester, and if they don't conflict, the whole selection part only takes like 15 - 20 minutes.
Old 06-28-2010 at 10:49 PM   #8
anthony

How do you get on the SOLAR page? I don't see it on MUGSI.
Old 06-28-2010 at 10:54 PM   #9
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony View Post
How do you get on the SOLAR page? I don't see it on MUGSI.
On the homepage, there are three link in the middle on the bottom. SOLAR is the first
Old 06-28-2010 at 10:56 PM   #10
anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacPack View Post
On the homepage, there are three link in the middle on the bottom. SOLAR is the first
What homepage?
Old 06-28-2010 at 11:02 PM   #11
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
What homepage?
You can also go to My Academics in MUGSI to access it.
Old 06-28-2010 at 11:04 PM   #12
anthony

I don't see any of this
Old 06-28-2010 at 11:08 PM   #13
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
I don't see any of this
Then you are probably only at the Gateway, you'll have to get onto MUGSI first.
Old 06-28-2010 at 11:09 PM   #14
anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Then you are probably only at the Gateway, you'll have to get onto MUGSI first.
Ok thanks. I guess this is what is full :(
Old 06-28-2010 at 11:09 PM   #15
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Ok thanks. I guess this is what is full :(
Yeah, MUGSI is always full on registration day. Just keep trying.