MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
It's that time of year again: Daylight Savings Time! manu MacInsiders Announcements 5 03-14-2010 03:47 AM
HSR bus pass -full time /part time student macculkin General Discussion 9 04-20-2009 06:45 PM
Managing those Minutes! asood Academics 0 10-02-2008 07:10 PM

Managing gym time??

Old 06-19-2012 at 01:15 PM   #1
lkaemmer20

Liked: 0 Times

Managing gym time??
Is it doable to go to the gym if you have two hours between classes?? Will I have enough time?
Old 07-07-2012 at 10:33 PM   #2
dmok

Liked: 1 Time

If you plan ahead, it is definitely possible... I'm not great about getting to the gym, but I had a friend get through 4 years of undergrad and she used 2hr breaks to fit in a quick workout every term.

The trick is being prepared: keep all your gym stuff (clean workout clothes, Febreeze'd shoes, shower kit, towel, etc.) in a separate bag. If you're carrying this bag with you before and after the workout, throw in a couple dryer sheets to cover the worst of the stink (trust me, we've all sat beside THAT guy, gym bags smell bad!) Wash everything when you get home, and RE-PACK THE BAG ASAP. Plenty of workouts get ditched because you're rushing in the morning and forget to throw in your shoes! This could all be avoided by getting a gym locker, but I have no idea how to go about doing that.

Keep your workout simple (only a few muscle groups, or one class), give yourself plenty of time to get ready for class, and you'll be fine.

mc_kumar likes this.
Old 07-30-2012 at 10:38 PM   #3
trinidadtobe
Account Locked

go early in the morning or late at night to avoid crowds which will just make your work out take longer
Old 08-18-2012 at 10:00 AM   #4
macwhija

What you want to do workout in the morning because even at night the gym is packed, especially in the busy months of September and January. The gym is still somewhat busy in the mornings from the regulars who come in every day at the same time before work but it is far less busy than 5pm at night. The worst day to come at night too is on a monday because everyone is making up for the bad food or alcohol they drank on the weekend and want to lose those lbs.

2 hours is totally enough time, I would suggest a core blast or spinning class which are both around an hour, or even a gun run (bi's and tri's) and then you have another hour to stretch and shower on campus .
Old 09-10-2012 at 03:45 PM   #5
suketu90

yes 2 hours is enough
Old 09-12-2012 at 02:49 PM   #6
davidjeon94

early in the morning is the best
Old 09-18-2012 at 02:19 PM   #7
susan_chen

Liked: 1 Time

It usually takes me 1.5 hours to jog for 40 min, work on legs, some yoga and showering..
Old 09-18-2012 at 11:04 PM   #8
chainx

I had a gym membership 2nd and 3rd year and I only went when I had at least a 2 hour break.. 2 hours should be plenty of time unless you are one of those people that spends an hour and half working out..

your workout (weights) should be 45 mins to an hour max. Even if you throw in 20 mins of cardio you should have plenty of time to change/shower and head to class
Old 09-20-2012 at 10:24 AM   #9
BenDP

I did this a whole bunch last year. I had towel service along with my Pulse membership. My 2 hours consisted of playing squash (40min), ~40min at the gym on weights and another 40min for changing, walking to and from class, and showering. It's definitely doable, just make sure you have a gym bag with all your gym stuff along with your backpack.