MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Our marks are up!!!! nessa18 Academics 117 06-08-2010 01:11 PM
Marks Are Up! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 05-30-2010 09:49 AM
If you want your marks! kanishka Academics 30 05-29-2010 12:43 PM
When should marks be up by? Mac12 Academics 8 01-01-2010 03:44 PM
Ratio and marks amir.k First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 10 12-31-2008 05:43 PM

Marks and going into Commerce II?

Old 05-29-2010 at 02:13 PM   #1
lizziemcg

Liked: 7 Times

Marks and going into Commerce II?
I just received the last of my marks today and will be entering my second year of commerce in the fall. Out of curiosity, I was wondering how difficult second year is compared to first (if at all) or if there is just more work. Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks!
Old 05-29-2010 at 03:36 PM   #2
ayiri

Liked: 7 Times

I found 2nd year to be a bit more tough than first year. To me, first year was a breeze and I think i let that allow me to be a bit more lazyy for 2nd year, which was not a good thing combined with the increased workload.

Not to mention the crazy "midterm" schedule we had. NOT FUN. It seemed like we had at least one midterm every week for the whole year lol

If I could go back and do things differently I would just organize myself better and STUDY EARLY. <----- those things are key :p

Also, i recommend taking some summer courses if u can, to lighten your workload or in the very least allow u some space to take a fun elective to break up the monotony of all the commerce courses u have to take.

This being said, i think it all comes down to you how easy or difficult u make 2nd year to be for yourself lol. WORK HARD AND GOODLUCK

lizziemcg says thanks to ayiri for this post.
Old 05-29-2010 at 03:43 PM   #3
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

I agree with everything the poster above me said.

It's tenfold harder than first year. First year was an effing JOKE.

Then you've got your stupid Friday night/Saturday morning midterms combination which felt like it came every 2 weeks. >_<

I would suggest taking 2x03 or 2aa3 in the summer. Those were the toughest courses IMO.

And for god's sake, take an elective you'll ENJOY. I took math, and I regret it. Brought down my CA hard. >_<

But, on the bright side, I got my 2 highest marks ever last term (both a 10 and a 11). The courses were pretty easy IMO, but... I'm still proud of myself. XD (It was 2ka3 and 2bc3).

Let's just say you can do really well, or you can do really horribly. (You've got easier courses like 2ka3 and OB and HR, and then you get Finance, Accounting, Stats, which most people find shit tons harder )

Just don't slack. Ever.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

lizziemcg says thanks to lawleypop for this post.
Old 05-29-2010 at 04:02 PM   #4
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
Then you've got your stupid Friday night/Saturday morning midterms combination which felt like it came every week. >_<
Fix'd .
Old 05-31-2010 at 10:26 PM   #5
hollie012

Liked: 2 Times

Yeah second year is definitely not fun. Midterms were crazy..... I had midterms back to back Friday night and Saturday morning for like 6 weeks in a row. You can't slack for sure in second year with all the commerce courses. But there are some easy courses to pull your mark up provided that you study well. For some courses, it seems like you won't do well even if you study hard for it..