MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Master Course Timetable down?? DMe3 Academics 2 06-26-2010 09:31 AM
Master Timetable Down?? hellohello Academics 16 06-15-2010 11:11 AM
U of T master timetable??!! queenie Academics 8 03-29-2010 10:54 PM
Courses not on Master Timetable? starlight First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 11 06-26-2009 07:34 PM
Master Course Timetable Available! lorend Academics 45 08-07-2008 02:47 PM

Master Timetable - Released!

Old 06-01-2010 at 07:03 PM   #30
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times
Oh man, I only half to get up at 8:30 AM twice a week first semester!

This will be the first time I've ever had less than four 8:30's in one semester .

Old 06-01-2010 at 07:08 PM   #31
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by salimak View Post
it means that the school is too cheap to hire prof, or the prof that usually teaches it is away or busy doing more important things...
Sometimes it's also because they're wasn't enough student interest the year before and so there's not point in offering it.

Old 06-01-2010 at 07:35 PM   #32
Fawkes

Liked: 0 Times
Timings like for example, a certain course being offered at 8 30 in the morning.. will it always be offered at 8 30 every term it's available?

and for the courses that are offered only during a certain term, will it always be that term?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdragon View Post
For most courses, they are only offered a certain term. Like, Linguistics 1A03.. only term 1. But, ECON 1BB3 is term 1 and term 2. So it really depends on the course.

As for timings.. what do you mean? Class timings change from year-to-year

Old 06-01-2010 at 07:52 PM   #33
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
Timings like for example, a certain course being offered at 8 30 in the morning.. will it always be offered at 8 30 every term it's available?

and for the courses that are offered only during a certain term, will it always be that term?
Most probably yes. If the course is only typically offered term 1, it will probably still be term 1. As for class timings, no, they change from year to year.

For example, say im taking CHEM 1E03. And I have it at 10:30 mon,tues,fri. Next year, the same course, could have timings like 8.30mon, 10.30 wed, 5.30 thurs.

Old 06-01-2010 at 09:12 PM   #34
LWright

Liked: 3 Times
K so my schedule is really messed up.. the lab they put me in for psych conflicts with my required courses. And two of my other required courses are same time same semester.... does anyone know if they revise the timetable when they run into problems?

Old 06-01-2010 at 10:15 PM   #35
cddbc

Liked: 0 Times
so if a course is not offered this year it doesn't mean that it wont be offered next year?

Old 06-02-2010 at 12:01 PM   #36
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cddbc View Post
so if a course is not offered this year it doesn't mean that it wont be offered next year?
Some courses are only offered every other year or every couple years. It's most likely because the course doesn't generate enough interest, so instead of 50 students taking it every year, it would be 100 students every 2 years.

You can call the department to see when the course will be offered.

Old 06-16-2010 at 03:51 PM   #37
_Mike

Liked: 8 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post
Feona, do you know anything about Ling 2GE3? Its in the timetable, but not in the course calendar on the registrar's website, so I cant get a description or the prereqs. Can you help me out at all?
Linguist 2GE3 - Global English as a Lingua Franca - T2
Is English enough to get by globally? This course will look at some of the issues arising from the rise of English as a global language
and the consequences for other languages, especially minority languages.

Three hours: one term
Prerequisite: Registration in a program in Hons. Linguistics or the Cognitive Science of Language or permission of the Department.

I e-mailed the Linguistics department because I was curious about taking this and I remembered that someone also asked about the course a few weeks ago and I managed to track down the post. Hope that helps!

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search