Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help needed fast: Math 1LS3 vs Math 1A03 luna Academics 3 09-15-2010 07:59 PM

Math 1A03: Bays

Old 08-21-2011 at 02:20 PM   #1
husayn12
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 25 Times

Math 1A03: Bays
How is Bays as a prof. If found reviews on Haskell and Barto but not much on Bays ...

Thanks in advance for your responses.
Old 08-31-2011 at 03:13 PM   #2
emilystief

Liked: 0 Times

I would like to know this too!!
Old 09-02-2011 at 06:44 PM   #3
Amardeep_S
Account Disabled by User

I didn't have Bays, but since the course is taught by more than one prof, the classes won't differ from each other, and the material that will be covered and tested will be the exact same. So I wouldn't worry too much in that regard.
Old 09-03-2011 at 12:08 PM   #4
husayn12
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amardeep_S View Post
I didn't have Bays, but since the course is taught by more than one prof, the classes won't differ from each other, and the material that will be covered and tested will be the exact same. So I wouldn't worry too much in that regard.
Uhh thanks for that interesting observation but I'd still like the question answered if possible ...
Old 09-03-2011 at 12:14 PM   #5
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Liked: 543 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by husayn12 View Post
Uhh thanks for that interesting observation but I'd still like the question answered if possible ...
Wow, you are kinda rude don't you think? The person was trying to help and answered the question from his prospective which is not what you were thinking of, you can still tell him you would like the question answered but in a better less rude way. You need to learn before you speak.

McMaster University, Honours B.Sc. in Biology '13, Minor in Psychology

University of British Columbia, DMD '17, Doctor of Dental Medicine
Old 09-03-2011 at 03:24 PM   #6
Amardeep_S
Account Disabled by User

Yeah what he said... you've helped perpetuate the common notion that health sci students are dicks =)

L'Étoile says thanks to Amardeep_S for this post.
Old 09-03-2011 at 03:54 PM   #7
husayn12
Account Disabled by User

Wow if you took offence at my response then I apologize profusely as I never intended to harm ... I just wanted the question answered ... Looking back my comment does seem snarky and that was never my intent.

Edit: And ps cmon Amardeep you really have to bring the program that I am in into the conversation ...
Old 09-03-2011 at 04:23 PM   #8
yoni

Liked: 87 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by husayn12 View Post

Edit: And ps cmon Amardeep you really have to bring the program that I am in into the conversation ...
welcome to the real world, where people judge you based on your skin colour, religion, undergraduate program, etc.. bottomline is that ALL people say the wrong thing one time or another.

in regards to your professor, they must be new or something because i've never even heard of them. attend the first classes and if you don't like them then just attend the other profs lectures. not like you have to go on SOLAR to change it or anything. just go to the class you want. that's all anybody can tell you at this point

husayn12 likes this.
Old 09-09-2011 at 09:08 PM   #9
aw07

Liked: 24 Times

I just had my first class today with him and this is what I think. He obviously knows what he is doing, he is teaching first year calc, but he is VERY QUIET, even through his mic anf kind mumbles alot which does not help, and he seems to be EXTREMELY NERVOUS which compromises the quality of his teaching! My first class in my opinion was a disaster and I am thinking of switching out if he can not at least get the mic up higher!
Old 09-10-2011 at 12:39 AM   #10
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

I had him today also. Didn't like him because he was quiet and has an accent....whatever though.
Old 09-10-2011 at 02:29 PM   #11
aw07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
I had him today also. Didn't like him because he was quiet and has an accent....whatever though.
Do we have to go to tutorial on monday? I'm kinda confused....
Old 09-10-2011 at 09:18 PM   #12
jazz889

Show up and see if anyone is there. If not go get a coffee or something.
Old 09-10-2011 at 09:33 PM   #13
Maaaaa

hes a bit funny... but way too nervous.. i hope he gets better after this week! :(
Old 09-11-2011 at 03:58 PM   #14
aw07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maaaaa View Post
hes a bit funny... but way too nervous.. i hope he gets better after this week! :(

Yea, I hope you overcomes his nervousness for his own sake...he must feel so terrible, I feel really bad for him!
Old 09-17-2011 at 09:51 AM   #15
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

He sucks >_>. Haskell's class knows so much more than us already. I still haven't learned anything from Bays. His writing is worse than mine from grade 2.