MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anthropology 1A03 Spring 2011 Course Outline andrewjdg Academics 9 05-24-2011 12:52 PM
Spring 2011 Valedictorian Nomination Packages Now Available finklej MacInsiders Announcements 0 02-07-2011 02:59 PM
Who's Hiring 2011 - Spring/Summer Employment Fair ferreinm MacInsiders Announcements 0 01-19-2011 03:10 PM

Math 1LS3E Spring 2011

Old 05-11-2011 at 05:18 PM   #1
neriac

Liked: 0 Times

Math 1LS3E Spring 2011
I am in this class (Dr. Clements) and don't know anyone and missed lecture because I'm sick. There's no discussion section on the course website. Is there anyone in this class that's on here? Would anyone be willing to scan their notes to send to me or allow me to photocopy them before or after lecture one day? I would return the favour in a heartbeat and I'm kind of stressing on not being able to find anyone to provide me with the notes. Please!

My email is: [email protected] and if you could respond to my email that would be even better since I'll get an alert. If not that's OK I will check back here anyways.

Thank you, I would appreciate it very much.
Old 05-11-2011 at 06:33 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by neriac View Post
I am in this class (Dr. Clements) and don't know anyone and missed lecture because I'm sick. There's no discussion section on the course website. Is there anyone in this class that's on here? Would anyone be willing to scan their notes to send to me or allow me to photocopy them before or after lecture one day? I would return the favour in a heartbeat and I'm kind of stressing on not being able to find anyone to provide me with the notes. Please!

My email is: [email protected] and if you could respond to my email that would be even better since I'll get an alert. If not that's OK I will check back here anyways.

Thank you, I would appreciate it very much.
If the course is on Avenue you should be able to access the class list.
Old 05-11-2011 at 07:52 PM   #3
neriac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
If the course is on Avenue you should be able to access the class list.
Thank you, unfortunately it's not though... It just has a course website off math.mcmaster.ca :(
No class list/discussion/notes exchange.
Old 05-11-2011 at 08:05 PM   #4
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

I'm one of the TA's working in the math help center every Monday-Friday from 5-7 (in the main lobby of Hamilton Hall)

I'd be glad to help you out with any of the course material. We operate on a drop-in basis, so come on by!

Edit: should also mention that this is a free service offered by the department of math and stats!

neriac says thanks to Mowicz for this post.
Old 05-11-2011 at 11:20 PM   #5
Eternal Fire
Elite Member

Liked: 227 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowicz View Post
I'm one of the TA's working in the math help center every Monday-Friday from 5-7 (in the main lobby of Hamilton Hall)

I'd be glad to help you out with any of the course material. We operate on a drop-in basis, so come on by!

Edit: should also mention that this is a free service offered by the department of math and stats!
Is it just for first year courses?
Old 05-12-2011 at 07:16 AM   #6
BVictor

Liked: 7 Times

http://www.math.mcmaster.ca/lovric/1LS3.html

Grab everything you can. It was from the Fall 2010 session. Clements closely follows Lovric's material, so you won't have a problem.

Also, if she does have a site where she posts the lectures, download them and go to the Math Help Centre at least once a week. You can cover an entire week's material in under an hour if you find a good TA there.
Old 05-12-2011 at 08:04 AM   #7
dasiln

Liked: 1 Time

i had her last year, she is VERY understanding. email her and ask if it wouldnt be too much for her to send you the first class slides, i'm sure she'll be more than glad to do so. only thing is you wont have the answers to the questions, but at least you'll have the notes..

goodluck
Old 05-12-2011 at 09:57 AM   #8
Mowicz
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Fire View Post
Is it just for first year courses?

Officially yes, but if you come at a time that it's not busy and the TA is bored then I'm sure they can help at least to some degree. (perhaps not with special topics like matlab)
Old 05-12-2011 at 07:32 PM   #9
Biochem47
Elite Member

Liked: 73 Times

Does your class have a facebook group? If so ask on there. We had one last semester for Math 1LT3 it was actually really useful.

EDIT: Ya you do... http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=... 976227982854

neriac says thanks to Biochem47 for this post.
Old 05-14-2011 at 01:13 PM   #10
neriac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biochem47 View Post
Does your class have a facebook group? If so ask on there. We had one last semester for Math 1LT3 it was actually really useful.

EDIT: Ya you do... http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=... 976227982854
Thanks so much! I actually emailed the prof after I missed class but haven't heard back from her yet and one of my questions was where the FB page was because I searched for it and couldn't find it.. Not much of a "facebooker" so maybe that was my clueless-ness. This is super great thank you very much for taking the time
Old 05-14-2011 at 01:14 PM   #11
neriac

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVictor View Post
http://www.math.mcmaster.ca/lovric/1LS3.html

Grab everything you can. It was from the Fall 2010 session. Clements closely follows Lovric's material, so you won't have a problem.

Also, if she does have a site where she posts the lectures, download them and go to the Math Help Centre at least once a week. You can cover an entire week's material in under an hour if you find a good TA there.
Thank you! I didn't think there would be any point going to the help center if I didn't have the full notes from class/that they could cover that much material.
Old 05-14-2011 at 01:32 PM   #12
Mowicz
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neriac View Post
Thank you! I didn't think there would be any point going to the help center if I didn't have the full notes from class/that they could cover that much material.
On the contrary, as long as you at least have practice problems or know which topics have been covered you can just ask the TA's there to explain the concepts. Hopefully it's helpful.
Old 05-14-2011
mcmastermath
This message has been removed by a moderator. .