MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Math 2Z03 Tutorials mse369 Academics 1 09-12-2010 10:44 AM
Need a math tutor? Need help with Math 1M03 or 1K03? Im your guy :D ShahrukhKhan Academics 4 08-19-2010 08:31 AM
2nd year math tutorials Serene Academics 6 08-18-2010 07:12 AM
MATH 1A03 or MATH 1M03? THIS COMMIE NEEDS HELP! numaya Academics 5 07-28-2010 05:45 PM

Math 1M03 Tutorials

Old 01-04-2010 at 03:48 PM   #31
Jake

Liked: 107 Times

If anyone is in Math 1M03 with McLean and you're thinking of dropping it, please let me know! I went to Moore's class today, and I don't think I'll be able understand the material as well due to his teaching methods...let alone, stay awake in the class lol. McLean is also the course coordinator, which means he will probably making up the tests.

McLean's core wasn't full yesterday, and all of sudden it's full now grrr...I guess I'll keep trying throughout the day, I know a lot of people trying to switch to McLean, which makes it even more difficult to switch lol...

Also, do tutorials start this week?

Thanks

Last edited by Jake : 01-04-2010 at 04:02 PM.
Old 01-04-2010 at 04:07 PM   #32
myInteger

Liked: 1 Time

does anybody in c02 (moore's class) wanna switch with me? i have c03 (mclean)
Old 01-04-2010 at 04:11 PM   #33
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Liked: 325 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
If anyone is in Math 1M03 with McLean and you're thinking of dropping it, please let me know! I went to Moore's class today, and I don't think I'll be able understand the material as well due to his teaching methods...let alone, stay awake in the class lol. McLean is also the course coordinator, which means he will probably making up the tests.

McLean's core wasn't full yesterday, and all of sudden it's full now grrr...I guess I'll keep trying throughout the day, I know a lot of people trying to switch to McLean, which makes it even more difficult to switch lol...

Thanks
LOL, JAKE!!
I could've SWORN I had Moore, but I actually have McLean. =/
He seems pretty alright, so I don't think I'm going to drop it, unfortunately. :p

Haha, looks likee you don't like Moore, lol I remember last term on the first day, we did NOTHING xD

ALSO, tutorials start next week.
Good luck getting into Mclean's class.

Old 01-04-2010 at 04:22 PM   #34
Matthew K

Liked: 70 Times

Quote:

Thanks
LMAO, class was sooo boring today. I can't image having to go through that the entire term haha, it's going be fun. Worst part is I can't even switch because of my timetable. Jake, you're still going get a 12, don't worry lol...

Where were you sitting? and do we have class tomorrow because he said something about a doctor's appointment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xo.monica View Post
LOL, JAKE!!
He seems pretty alright, so I don't think I'm going to drop it, unfortunately. :p

Haha, looks likee you don't like Moore, lol I remember last term on the first day, we did NOTHING xD

TRAITOR!!! Leaving us to suffer! :p

Last edited by Matthew K : 01-04-2010 at 04:26 PM.
Old 01-04-2010 at 04:27 PM   #35
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew K View Post
TRAITOR!!! Leaving us to suffer! :p

LOL!!!
I'M SORRY, I DIDN'T KNOW!!
Haha, it fits my schedule perfectly, though, so it's not like I can change mine.
Though I wouldn't mind having Moore again...

Haha, hopefully you guys will get in, I'm a LONER in that class.
Sit front and center. (H)
haha

And Jake, you're right, McLean does write the tests, he told us today.
Alrightiee, I got english now, so I gotta go.
seee yah suckers. LOl kidding.

Old 01-04-2010 at 07:00 PM   #36
Kevin S

Liked: 128 Times

Don't give up so easily guys. Moore is an awesome professor, it's only the first day! Yes, he might be dry and boring, but he really cares for his students. He explains everything quite well, and wants his students to succeed. Give him a lecture or two, and then make your judgments. I'm sure Monica would agree with me.

I had Moore last year for 1M03. I went to every lecture, did all the assignments/practice problems, and ended up doing very well in the course. So, even if you can't switch to McLean, you're still pretty well off with Moore. Also, keep in mind, since the tests are the same, you can attend McLean's lectures, even if you're not registered in his specific core.

Good luck, and have fun (if that's possible)!

Last edited by Kevin S : 01-04-2010 at 07:04 PM.

xo.monica likes this.
Old 01-04-2010 at 07:39 PM   #37
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin S View Post
Don't give up so easily guys. Moore is an awesome professor, it's only the first day! Yes, he might be dry and boring, but he really cares for his students. He explains everything quite well, and wants his students to succeed. Give him a lecture or two, and then make your judgments. I'm sure Monica would agree with me.

I had Moore last year for 1M03. I went to every lecture, did all the assignments/practice problems, and ended up doing very well in the course. So, even if you can't switch to McLean, you're still pretty well off with Moore. Also, keep in mind, since the tests are the same, you can attend McLean's lectures, even if you're not registered in his specific core.

Yes, Kevin's right. It's NOT possible to have fun in math.

haha, but in all seriousness, he really DOES care for us.
I remember he made us put name tags on our seat because he wanted to learn our names.
and I remember seeing him outside of class once and we started talking and stuff, asked about school, wished me luck on the upcoming test, etc.
He is really nice and does whatever he possibly can to make us succeed.
He's like a grandpa.
So what if he's kinda boring and monotone, at least he explains concepts clearly, does a bunch of examples and asks questions before moving onto other things.
I really think you should go to his lectures this week and just see how it is. Today WAS only the first lecture, so everything's just getting started.
Give him a chance before deciding you don't like him. I wouldn't mind having him again, but the timing's bad because of other classes. =/

But give him a chance, don't be a meanie.

Old 01-04-2010 at 08:08 PM   #38
nezura

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Yeah, she taught the class.

LOL, yea but only when the material is easy :p Mostly in Econ 1B03 though, the biggest joke of a class EVER.

haha agreed
Old 01-04-2010 at 08:13 PM   #39
Jake

I just realized I can't even switch to McLean's core because I'd have a conflict if I did. So, I'm stuck with Moore. I think it'll be fine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myInteger View Post
does anybody in c02 (moore's class) wanna switch with me? i have c03 (mclean)
I can't switch. I just realized I'd have a conflict if I did. However, there are a lot of people trying to switch, so I'm sure there will be space available.

Quote:

Where were you sitting? and do we have class tomorrow because he said something about a doctor's appointment?
Near the front as always lol. I was sitting beside John. We do have class tomorrow, he might be late though.

Quote:
LOL, JAKE!!

Traitor.

Quote:
LOL!!!
I'M SORRY, I DIDN'T KNOW!!
Haha, it fits my schedule perfectly, though, so it's not like I can change mine.
Though I wouldn't mind having Moore again...

Haha, hopefully you guys will get in, I'm a LONER in that class.
Sit front and center. (H)
haha
Hell yeah, front and centre ftw lol

Traitor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin S View Post

Thanks for the advice.

Quote:
Yes, Kevin's right. It's NOT possible to have fun in math.

haha, but in all seriousness, he really DOES care for us.
I remember he made us put name tags on our seat because he wanted to learn our names.
and I remember seeing him outside of class once and we started talking and stuff, asked about school, wished me luck on the upcoming test, etc.
He is really nice and does whatever he possibly can to make us succeed.
He's like a grandpa.
So what if he's kinda boring and monotone, at least he explains concepts clearly, does a bunch of examples and asks questions before moving onto other things.
I really think you should go to his lectures this week and just see how it is. Today WAS only the first lecture, so everything's just getting started.
Give him a chance before deciding you don't like him. I wouldn't mind having him again, but the timing's bad because of other classes. =/

But give him a chance, don't be a meanie.
Yeah, I'm sure it'll be fine. If I ever need some clarification, I can always attend McLean's lecture.

Oh yeah, almost forgot...

Traitor.

:p

Last edited by Jake : 01-04-2010 at 08:16 PM.
Old 01-04-2010 at 08:17 PM   #40
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Quote:
Traitor.

Hell yeah, front and centre ftw lol

Traitor.

Oh yeah, almost forgot...

Traitor.

:p
You're a meanie.
I'm GLAD you're stuck in Moore's class, it'll be easier for me to avoid you.
and if you're going to the MacInsiders get together thing, I'm not going to speak to you for about a whole hour.
LET THAT BE A LESSON TO YOU.

but yeah, stay with Moore. He's good. I miss him.

Old 01-04-2010 at 08:47 PM   #41
Matthew K

Liked: 70 Times

Quote:

Near the front as always lol. I was sitting beside John. We do have class tomorrow, he might be late though.
Alright, I'll look for you guys tomorrow.

Quote:
You're a meanie.
I'm GLAD you're stuck in Moore's class, it'll be easier for me to avoid you.
and if you're going to the MacInsiders get together thing, I'm not going to speak to you for about a whole hour.
LET THAT BE A LESSON TO YOU.

but yeah, stay with Moore. He's good. I miss him.
FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!

EDIT: There's a macinsider get together?

Last edited by Matthew K : 01-04-2010 at 08:55 PM.
Old 01-04-2010 at 09:02 PM   #42
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Quote:
Alright, I'll look for you guys tomorrow.

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!

EDIT: There's a macinsider get together?
What Macinsiders get together?
there is no such thing.
Lmao, here's the link
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref... 66291&ref=mf

but if Jake is going, Im not going to talk to him.

Old 01-04-2010 at 10:25 PM   #43
Jake

Quote:
What Macinsiders get together?
there is no such thing.
Lmao, here's the link
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref... 66291&ref=mf

but if Jake is going, Im not going to talk to him.
Daaammnn, it's on a Thursday from 4-8pm. I have commerce that time, and an evening course after. I have a break in between I think, so I might stop by!

Old 01-04-2010 at 10:32 PM   #44
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Quote:
Daaammnn, it's on a Thursday from 4-8pm. I have commerce that time, and an evening course after. I have a break in between I think, so I might stop by!
You're going? =/
Damn.

hahah, I'm totally kidding. xD
I'm gonna need someone to hang out with,
since reeves is planning on turning everyone against me.
D:

But yeah, spread the word, there's only like 10 confirmed guests. O_O

Old 01-04-2010 at 10:51 PM   #45
John H

Liked: 21 Times

Today wasn't even a "real" lecture. We just went over basic logarithm/exponential rules...I think we officially start tomorrow. I've gotta admit though it kind of scared me when he said that the course is going go much faster than 1K03/1F03. Hopefully, everything goes well.

PS: Monica's a TRAITOR! Haha... kidding. :p Good luck with McLean.

Last edited by John H : 01-04-2010 at 10:58 PM.

xo.monica says thanks to John H for this post.

xo.monica likes this.