MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MATH 1ZB3 and 1ZC3 what chapter will be covered? incarnation Academics 14 12-12-2010 08:40 PM
Emergency: registering for Math 1ZB3, but fail coz of the prerequisite Bodun First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 06-29-2010 07:01 AM

Math 1ZB3

Old 08-14-2011 at 12:14 PM   #16
Theashe

Liked: 29 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaptation View Post
I meant more so which math course would require the better teacher? Having dual childs/childs or mcleans/childs etc would conflict with a different course, so i'm going to have to have Wang or Zhao as a math teacher, the question is which prof for which course.
1ZC3 requires a better teacher (and I think Childs is a sliiiiightly better teacher), but the difference is pretty much negligible. McLean and Childs will both get you to understand. McLean may be better for 1ZC3, since I think he's the course coordinator for the class, and he writes the tests and sample problems.

Don't have Wang or Zhao. I had Zhao this year and I literally stopped going halfway through the semester because his English is poor, his writing is illegible, he moves way too fast, and his way of explaining problems is to recite the textbook. Completely useless; this class was much harder than it had to be for me because I was in his class.

What's the course conflict, by the way?

anonanon987 says thanks to Theashe for this post.
Old 08-14-2011 at 12:45 PM   #17
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 461 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theashe View Post
Math 1ZB3 is an incredibly easy class. It's learning the different ways of integrating functions, and it touches on practical applications where you would use integration (like statistics and hydrostatics).

I only got one question wrong between all three midterms (they were easy), and I don't know about the final but I still got a 12 (it was easy too).

Make sure you have Childs for this class. And for 1ZC3, try and get McLean, even if it means going to a really early class.
Ah I see, hopefully it is as easy as you say.

Quote:
1ZC3 requires a better teacher (and I think Childs is a sliiiiightly better teacher), but the difference is pretty much negligible. McLean and Childs will both get you to understand. McLean may be better for 1ZC3, since I think he's the course coordinator for the class, and he writes the tests and sample problems.

Don't have Wang or Zhao. I had Zhao this year and I literally stopped going halfway through the semester because his English is poor, his writing is illegible, he moves way too fast, and his way of explaining problems is to recite the textbook. Completely useless; this class was much harder than it had to be for me because I was in his class.

Childs isn't teaching 1ZC3 as far as I know, it's only McLean and Zhao and Wang or something. xD
Old 08-14-2011 at 01:18 PM   #18
adaptation
Elite Member

Liked: 305 Times

Quote:

The tutorial for Eng 1C03. The only tutorial slots left, conflict with ANY chids/mcleans math class.

And thank you, i'll keep all that in mind.
Old 08-14-2011 at 09:12 PM   #19
Theashe

Liked: 29 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaptation View Post
The tutorial for Eng 1C03. The only tutorial slots left, conflict with ANY chids/mcleans math class.

And thank you, i'll keep all that in mind.
Ohh, okay. Yeah, that's not something you can avoid going to.

Also bear in mind that if there is a section for that tutorial you want into to make your schedule work better, go talk to the academic advisor for Engineering I. You can be put into that section even if SOLAR reads it as "full". Just make an appointment or show up.
Old 08-14-2011 at 09:32 PM   #20
adaptation
Elite Member

Liked: 305 Times

Quote:
Ohh, okay. Yeah, that's not something you can avoid going to.

Also bear in mind that if there is a section for that tutorial you want into to make your schedule work better, go talk to the academic advisor for Engineering I. You can be put into that section even if SOLAR reads it as "full". Just make an appointment or show up.
Oh really?! I'll do that! Thank you, i didn't even think that was an option.
Old 08-14-2011 at 11:27 PM   #21
moonlitnight

Liked: 4 Times

If you can, then definitely go for Mclean for 1ZC3. The evening prof last year, whoever it was Wang or Zhao, sucked, the other morning one was good.
1ZB3 doesn't have any assignments, and the material is doable with a weaker prof.
If you cant sign up in SOLAR coz Mcean's class is full don't worry. Just show up in his class. Lots of students end up not attending his class coz he teaches quiet early in the morning