MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Could anyone please review Math 2Z03/2ZZ3? kanishka Academics 26 08-18-2010 12:10 AM
Math 2Z03 and 2ZZ3 lmasud First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 17 04-08-2010 04:19 PM

MATH 2Z03 and 2ZZ3 Textbooks

Old 05-18-2010 at 08:42 AM   #1
Ohmz

Liked: 3 Times

MATH 2Z03 and 2ZZ3 Textbooks
Hey, I just wanted to confirm with upper year eng students whether or not the required textbooks for Math 2Z03 and 2ZZ3 are Advanced Eng. Mathematics (3rd edition) By D. Zill and M. Cullen and Numerical Mathematics by M. Grasselli and O. Pelinovsky.
Thanks

Old 05-18-2010 at 08:45 AM   #2
maclover

Liked: 55 Times

Yes that's the textbook

Ohmz says thanks to maclover for this post.
Old 05-18-2010 at 10:44 AM   #3
eullwm
Elite Member

Liked: 221 Times

Don't waste money on Numerical Mathematics. You can find the majority of it for free off Google Books, and the tutorial files posted on the course webpage will just be ripped from the textbook but with less explanation to it.
Old 05-18-2010 at 02:03 PM   #4
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Yup. GL.
Old 05-18-2010 at 02:29 PM   #5
AnguishedEnd
Elite Member

Liked: 103 Times

I found the textbook to be useful. Personally I can't read stuff for too long scrolling through a .pdf version on the computer. I prefer a hardcopy much easier for me anways. Also since the prof pretty much copied the entire textbook on the blackboard I never attended lectures so I had to rely heavily on the textbook to keep up with the material and I found it to be a pretty good resource apart from a few sections which were mind boggling.

Good luck in 2zz3.