MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Math 2Z03 Tutorials mse369 Academics 1 09-12-2010 10:44 AM
Eng Math 2z03 Tutorial Rstevenson Academics 4 08-22-2010 03:27 PM
Math 2Z03 Prof. mse369 Academics 7 08-18-2010 01:01 AM
Math 2Z03 and 2ZZ3 lmasud First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 17 04-08-2010 04:19 PM

Math 2Z03 MATLAB

Old 10-12-2010 at 10:18 PM   #16
forever0zero

Liked: 39 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyK View Post
HRMM I WONDER WHO WAS YOUR SOURCE.

I think there was like, a few people in our year that actually did the Matlabs (Ownaginatios and myself being one of the few that I know of on this board). If I had to throw a ballpark guess, I'd say probably 5-10% at most.

We actually set up an engineering forum for 2nd year, and I can't tell you how many times I saw people browsing the forum 1 hour before due date, waiting for someone to post some delicious answers in their code. It got ridiculous at times too; like 100 members browsing at any time if I had to throw a vague ball park number
lol one time i think the forum closed down for a few minutes because there was so many people browsing.

don't give your matlab assignments away. you send it to one person and the next thing you know, everybody has your copy. you can always help your friends without giving them your assignment.
Old 10-12-2010 at 10:23 PM   #17
RoyK
Zetsubou Sensei

Liked: 71 Times

Also; if you do matlab in 2nd year still, you will still be doing it in third year mechanical. So you might as well get used to learning it now. It'll make third year easier.
Old 10-12-2010 at 10:29 PM   #18
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

I think its fairly obvious the OP is one of the friends who is actually copying someone else's assignment and feeling guilty.
Old 10-12-2010 at 11:10 PM   #19
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyK View Post
Also; if you do matlab in 2nd year still, you will still be doing it in third year mechanical. So you might as well get used to learning it now. It'll make third year easier.
And third year software and tron... lol
Old 10-12-2010 at 11:28 PM   #20
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

The Matlab assignments aren't 'hard' they just require you think a bit about what its asking for. Figuring out how to solve the problem is easy since they give you that tutorial file with the assignment. It's just getting the right syntax along with making sure your putting in the right equations which is the hard part.
Old 10-13-2010 at 12:25 AM   #21
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxsumz View Post
The Matlab assignments aren't 'hard' they just require you think a bit about what its asking for. Figuring out how to solve the problem is easy since they give you that tutorial file with the assignment. It's just getting the right syntax along with making sure your putting in the right equations which is the hard part.
Keep telling yourself that in 2ZZ3. lol
Old 10-13-2010 at 12:34 AM   #22
RoyK
Zetsubou Sensei

Liked: 71 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
Keep telling yourself that in 2ZZ3. lol

lmao so true. How many times did things just work by plugging it in without having a clue as to what you were actually solving? It got ridiculous near the end iirc. The TA's were very keen on "just plugging stuff in" and having things work. It even baffled them why we were getting such bs complex questions in our assignments.

Next term is GG with matlab. Matlab Wins: 6 Engineering Class: 0