Help needed fast: Math 1LS3 vs Math 1A03 luna Academics 3 09-15-2010 07:59 PM

Math help

Old 06-10-2011 at 03:25 AM   #1
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Math help
Hi everyone,

If you haven't gotten to know me, I've been a member here for a little while, and made a bit of a name for myself as the "Math go-to guy." I've had the opportunity to answer many Math and Stats related questions, be they about course content, material, program or course choices, co-op, tutoring, tutorials and so on. Some of you have even refered others and their questions to me, which is much appreciated.

Unfortunately, I've decided to leave Macinsiders, due to clashing tastes and the ever-changing times (...trolling?). While I'm not looking for any sort of sympathy/attention by posting this, I wouldn't be upset if I got some. (;

But I kid. I'd just like to post that if you have any such questions or know anyone with them you can still feel free to contact/refer them to me. I simply won't be able to read my PMs, and so would prefer either email ([email protected] r.ca), or helping on a drop-in basis. My office is in the graduate student office on the third floor of Hamilton Hall. I also operate and run shifts in the Math Help Centre, in the main lobby of Hamilton Hall, for the summer terms (Free Tutoring!).

It's been a blast, and I wish you all the best of luck.
Old 06-10-2011 at 03:40 AM   #2
Commie8507
King of Microwaves

Liked: 200 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowicz View Post
Hi everyone,

If you haven't gotten to know me, I've been a member here for a little while, and made a bit of a name for myself as the "Math go-to guy." I've had the opportunity to answer many Math and Stats related questions, be they about course content, material, program or course choices, co-op, tutoring, tutorials and so on. Some of you have even refered others and their questions to me, which is much appreciated.

Unfortunately, I've decided to leave Macinsiders, due to clashing tastes and the ever-changing times (...trolling?). While I'm not looking for any sort of sympathy/attention by posting this, I wouldn't be upset if I got some. (;

But I kid. I'd just like to post that if you have any such questions or know anyone with them you can still feel free to contact/refer them to me. I simply won't be able to read my PMs, and so would prefer either email ([email protected] r.ca), or helping on a drop-in basis. My office is in the graduate student office on the third floor of Hamilton Hall. I also operate and run shifts in the Math Help Centre, in the main lobby of Hamilton Hall, for the summer terms (Free Tutoring!).

It's been a blast, and I wish you all the best of luck.

You served the community well.

macsci likes this.
Old 06-10-2011 at 03:42 AM   #3
RememberTwce
Memento Mori

Liked: 878 Times

I'm sad to see you go..

You've been a great contributor all across this forum, going well beyond math.

Good luck in the future and thanks for all the help!
Old 06-10-2011 at 03:44 AM   #4
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

Damn it, it was only like two minutes ago I said I'd hover at 777 posts. Oh well.

I don't think we've ever interacted (edit: outside of brief exchanges involving a certain citrus fruit), but you'll be missed. You're easily one of the most respected users here, and it's always nice to see someone fight the trolls. At least the bad ones.

What I remember most about you is a thread sometime early last school year, when Commander was still around and hadn't come back as a popular frozen dessert. He made the mistake of taking a shot at your integrity and intelligence, and what I found incredibly cool was the fact that you didn't even have to reply -- everyone else did for you, mentioning how you were one of the most knowledgeable posters on MI and that by insulting you, he offended a significant chunk of the community.

I'll probably continue occasionally seeing you comment on my cousins' Facebook stuff though. If for some reason I ever need help with Stats 2B03, I'll get in touch with you.

Last edited by Entropy : 06-10-2011 at 03:51 AM.
Old 06-10-2011 at 04:03 AM   #5
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

aww that sucks. room number? =D
Old 06-10-2011 at 06:41 AM   #6
Faer
Elite Member

Liked: 338 Times

I don't even feel qualified to post since I've only been active around the boards for a couple months, but your presence will be missed. I liked reading your long thought-out posts. ^__^ Good luck for the future!
Old 06-10-2011 at 10:41 AM   #7
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

It's unfortunate to see that you're leaving, you're posts were always well-thought through and informative.
Old 06-10-2011 at 02:45 PM   #8
UlteriorMtve

Liked: 199 Times

This thread needs a bump.
Old 06-10-2011 at 02:46 PM   #9
Eternal Fire
Elite Member

Liked: 227 Times

MI won't be the same without you.
Old 06-10-2011 at 06:50 PM   #10
Biochem47
Elite Member