MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
undergrad email help damelio General Discussion 7 10-13-2011 06:31 AM
Undergrad Email HanPark9205 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 09-09-2011 06:44 PM
Help in applying for Undergrad Nueloas Academics 3 11-09-2010 02:16 AM
best undergrad degrees by pay lorend Academics 40 09-10-2009 06:36 PM
Becoming a TA (as an undergrad) pk00 General Discussion 3 05-17-2009 01:05 AM

MBA and undergrad

Old 05-20-2012 at 06:33 PM   #16
RD99

Liked: 0 Times

I would switch to a commerce undergrad so that you a stronger foundation for your MBA. That being said completing a degree in Bio and then undertaking an MBA is still very feasible.
Old 05-20-2012 at 07:02 PM   #17
WalkerBlue

Liked: 73 Times

You don't need a foundation for your MBA. Majoring in Commerce is going to leave you answering phones, minoring in it will leave you serving coffees. Finish the undergraduate degree and do an MBA if you're unhappy with the results. The course material isn't hard.
Old 05-20-2012 at 07:28 PM   #18
Allan
Elite Member

Liked: 115 Times

This might be a stupid question, but I was looking at the tuition costs for McMaster's MBA program, and it states that the tuition for a full-time student is $29,975. Is that cost per year?

Link: http://mbarecruit.degroote.m cmaste...tters/tuition/
Old 05-20-2012 at 07:59 PM   #19
icecubz
Trollin Ain't Easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan View Post
This might be a stupid question, but I was looking at the tuition costs for McMaster's MBA program, and it states that the tuition for a full-time student is $29,975. Is that cost per year?

Link: http://mbarecruit.degroote.m cmaste...tters/tuition/
its for the whole degree. at the top it says for "entire program" and its bolded in grey!
Old 05-20-2012 at 08:07 PM   #20
Allan
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecubz View Post
its for the whole degree. at the top it says for "entire program" and its bolded in grey!
That's the confusing part.

It says, "Tuition fees are administered by Student Accounts and are paid on a per term basis. Click here to view the estimated tuition fees for the entire program based on recent figures."

But when I click the link...it doesn't show the estimated tuition fees for the entire program.
Old 05-20-2012 at 09:51 PM   #21
icecubz
Trollin Ain't Easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan View Post
That's the confusing part.

It says, "Tuition fees are administered by Student Accounts and are paid on a per term basis. Click here to view the estimated tuition fees for the entire program based on recent figures."

But when I click the link...it doesn't show the estimated tuition fees for the entire program.

http://mbastudent.degroote.m cmaste...012-2013-1.pdf

there ya go
Old 05-20-2012 at 09:53 PM   #22
Unregistered

No, they do not care what you studied in your undergrad.

Also, to be frank, if you are not going to Harvard, Wharton, Stanford, Chicago, Kellogg, Sloan, Columbia, Ivey, Queen's, McGill... do not waste your time, money or energy.

An MBA is not a time for intellectual progress (learning). You get an MBA for the sole purpose of networking. Most of these schools have non-grade disclosures (you cannot post your GPA on your resume, etc). The aforementioned schools will place you best in consulting, finance (banking, private equity, hedge fund) and accounting (associate levels, maybe a junior partner).

I suggest you do a lot more research.
Old 05-20-2012 at 10:36 PM   #23
Allan
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecubz View Post
Thanks. Looks like an MBA at Mac is alot cheaper than I thought.