MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
McMaster Alzheimer's Society Committee Applications nerual Clubs & Groups 0 09-16-2010 01:56 PM
McMaster Social Sciences Society Soc Sci Guy Clubs & Groups 1 09-13-2010 08:02 PM
McMaster Alzheimer's Society nerual Clubs & Groups 2 08-11-2010 05:36 PM
The McMaster Non-Partisan Society c.erl Clubs & Groups 1 03-06-2009 09:59 PM
McMaster Sociology Society jennn Academics 0 10-07-2008 09:41 PM

McMaster Alzheimer's Society

Old 03-06-2010 at 06:34 PM   #1
a_12

Liked: 0 Times

McMaster Alzheimer's Society
Hello,

My name is Alannah Smrke and I am in the process of applying for MSU club status for a club centered around Alzheimer's Disease education, fundraising and awareness.

The hopes of this club next year are to create and present educational sessions to elementary and high school kids with the help of the Hamilton and Halton Alzheimer's Society. Additionally, the club will fundraise through the Alzheimer's Society's Walk for Memories in January.

There may also be volunteer opportunities available for visiting nursing home residents.

I am also interested in any other ideas that you may have.

HOW TO GET INVOLVED

The following executive positions are available:

1. VP
- This person will aid in the day to day functioning of the club, this will include facilitating committees with the President

2. Communications Officer / Secretary
-This person will take meeting minutes, book rooms, work on advertising

3. Treasurer / Fundraising Coordinator
-This person will manage the club's finances and also help coordinate fundraising initiates (ie. Walk for Memories)

For club executive applicants please fill out the follwing questions BY MARCH 12th and send them to [email protected], please indicate the position (s) you are interested in.

1. Describe any relevant past leadership experiences.
2. How much time would you be able to commit to the club on a bi-weekly basis?
3. Why do you want to get involved with this club specifically?
4. What do you feel you can bring to the position you are applying for?

GENERAL MEMBERS

- We need general members to make this club work! You will be involved in creating presentations and running fundraising events

Please send me an email with your name and student number if you are interested in being part of the club. My email is [email protected]

Thanks!
A
Old 03-17-2010 at 10:05 PM   #2
tangl8

Liked: 0 Times

I sent you an email. Hope you got it!

Ciao,
Luon