MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ENG- Course Selections rashmi.raj First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 06-30-2013 12:35 PM
Did my course selections go through? ROMES Academics 6 06-07-2012 08:47 AM
Deposits and Course Selections princesskv30 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 06-01-2011 03:59 PM
Core Selections Qadd First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-13-2010 10:59 PM
Course selections. Angoose First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 24 05-07-2010 08:09 AM

Mcmaster course selections URGENT!

Old 08-03-2013 at 01:36 PM   #1
ace1234

Liked: 0 Times

Mcmaster course selections URGENT!
Hey i just had a quick question about course selections.

On SOLAR, when i select the courses I want to take, it only allows me to choose whether i want the course in the day or evening. It does NOT allow me to choose anything else. So i dont get to choose lecture times for the course, the core, the lab, or the tutorials.

Basically all it says on SOLAR is, the course i selected , term 1 or 2, and day or evening. Thats it.

So is this correct? shouldn't I be given the option to choose the time slot for my lectures?

Im actually a transfer student so im worried that I might have done course selections wrong since there is no lecture time slots for my courses. And under timetable, it does not display anything.

thanks for you help in advance!
Old 08-03-2013 at 01:45 PM   #2
Haris

Liked: 0 Times

No you aren't doing anything wrong.You wont be able to select the timings yet. A conflict free timetable will be assigned to you on august 6th. After it is released, you will be able to go onto SOLAR after august 8th i believe to make changes to your core and tutorial timings.
Old 08-03-2013 at 01:46 PM   #3
Commie42
Elite Member

Liked: 133 Times

You have done nothing wrong. This is the standard process for McMaster. In a few days, SOLAR will shut down to generate everyone's timetables. When it opens back up, you can go on and see what lecture/tutorial/lab times and move things around if you need to. Keep in mind that SOLAR will be jam-packed with people trying to get on and do the same thing once it opens so you might want to wait a little while.