MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help needed with cource selections for social science 1 amare First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 06-27-2010 11:01 AM
Course Selections Help (Btech) Lolisuck First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 06-22-2010 12:08 PM
REALLY confused about course selections katherinelew First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 06-10-2010 03:40 PM
Course selections. Angoose First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 24 05-07-2010 08:09 AM
Level II Science Program Selections - Hon. Bio? marcie Academics 3 04-04-2010 01:30 AM

Core Selections

Old 08-13-2010 at 09:50 PM   #1
Qadd

Liked: 3 Times

Core Selections
I tried to pick a specific core I want for chem 1a03 (but, as with most courses right now, it's full ). I want to switch C02 to C04 so that I can finish earlier. My other reason is that I heard bad things about Dr. Landry (C02), and positive feedback about Dr. Lock (C04) ...but, C04 is full.

Can I e-mail the department of chemistry or someone else about this or will it be futile? If so, who should I e-mail?

(I will obviously give the time reason, because I highly doubt they will care about the prof I have lol)

Thanks a lot for your help
Old 08-13-2010 at 09:52 PM   #2
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Your email will be ignored, everyone wants to end early.

Just keep checking for an opening, or worst case, just attend the other core.
Old 08-13-2010 at 09:53 PM   #3
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qadd View Post
I tried to pick a specific core I want for chem 1a03 (but, as with most courses right now, it's full ). I want to switch C02 to C04 so that I can finish earlier. My other reason is that I heard bad things about Dr. Landry (C02), and positive feedback about Dr. Lock (C04) ...but, C04 is full.

Can I e-mail the department of chemistry or someone else about this or will it be futile? If so, who should I e-mail?

(I will obviously give the time reason, because I highly doubt they will care about the prof I have lol)

Thanks a lot for your help
They won't change your section unless you provide a very good excuse, like you have a conflict (The only one I can actually think of). But chances of scoring are much higher when you shot than when you don't.

You would e-mail the science academic advisers.

Qadd says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 08-13-2010 at 10:59 PM   #4
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Lock's sections are always full. It can't hurt to email them and try, but I wouldn't get your hopes up. Wanting to end early is a pretty bad reason...I mean, you could try to say that you have to work or something, but even then I don't know how well that would work.