MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Core Selections Qadd First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-13-2010 10:59 PM
REALLY confused about course selections katherinelew First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 06-10-2010 03:40 PM
Course selections. Angoose First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 24 05-07-2010 08:09 AM
Btech terryboy First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 03-30-2010 03:30 PM
About Btech ltswat Academics 1 06-07-2009 04:36 PM

Course Selections Help (Btech)

Old 06-22-2010 at 11:53 AM   #1
Lolisuck

Liked: 1 Time

Course Selections Help (Btech)
HI, I'm going into Btech I, stream of biotechnology, and i don't understand the whole course selection process, all i know is that I'll have to make a schedule before June 28 (online course registration). All help is appreciated.

It says the level 1 program comprises of:

18 units: ENG TECH 1CH3, 1CP3, 1EL3, 1MC3, 1MT3, 1PH3
12 units: GEN TECH 1CS3, 1FT3, 1HB3, 1TI3
6 units: ENG TECH 1AC3, 1BI3
2 courses: ENG TECH 1A00, 1EEO

What does the codes mean, the units mean, why is the last one in courses and not units, and how/where do i start?

Also will i need to take electives, cuz it doesn't mention it anywhere.
Old 06-22-2010 at 12:08 PM   #2
dasa3

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolisuck View Post
HI, I'm going into Btech I, stream of biotechnology, and i don't understand the whole course selection process, all i know is that I'll have to make a schedule before June 28 (online course registration). All help is appreciated.

It says the level 1 program comprises of:

18 units: ENG TECH 1CH3, 1CP3, 1EL3, 1MC3, 1MT3, 1PH3
12 units: GEN TECH 1CS3, 1FT3, 1HB3, 1TI3
6 units: ENG TECH 1AC3, 1BI3
2 courses: ENG TECH 1A00, 1EEO

What does the codes mean, the units mean, why is the last one in courses and not units, and how/where do i start?

Also will i need to take electives, cuz it doesn't mention it anywhere.

This website http://www.mohawkcollege.ca/Schools/...s/bioTech.html gives you the description of courses that you will need to choose. The table breaks it down to what you have to choose for Level I semester 1 and semester 2. All you need to do is go into MUGSI (SOLAR) and choose the courses.

About the units: Each course gives you 3 credit for example ENG TECH 1CH3, 1CP3, 1EL3, 1MC3, 1MT3, 1PH3 (6 courses * 3 credits) = 18 units and so forth.
The last two are not for credits but they still need to be completed before you start your co-op work term.

Level IA
ENG TECH 1A00- Safety Training
ENG TECH 1BI3 - Biology
ENG TECH 1CH3- Chemistry
ENG TECH 1MC3- Mathematics 1
ENG TECH 1PH3 - Physics
GEN TECH 1CS3 - Communications Skills
GEN TECH 1FT3 - Financial Systems for Technology Organizations
Level IB

ENG TECH 1AC3 - Analytical Chemistry
ENG TECH 1CP3 - C++ Programming
ENG TECH 1EE0 - Introduction to the Engineering Technology Co-op Program
ENG TECH 1EL3 - Electricity & Electronics 1
ENG TECH 1MT3 - Mathematics 2
GEN TECH 1HB3 - Human Behaviour in Technology Settings
GEN TECH 1TI3 - Technology Inquiry

Hope this helps !

Last edited by dasa3 : 06-22-2010 at 12:22 PM.