MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dynamic Website Development, Content Management, Application Development abdullateef Volunteering Opportunities 0 02-03-2013 12:57 PM
McMaster Mentorship Association (MMA) thahar General Discussion 0 11-02-2012 08:47 PM
On programming, game development, education, principles, ideas and life. Yogurt General Discussion 0 03-03-2012 03:29 PM
McMaster Arms Association Mazer General Discussion 77 01-24-2012 06:18 PM
McMaster Centre for Student Development Chad MSU & On-Campus Services 0 07-25-2007 12:54 PM

McMaster Game Development Association

Old 05-28-2013 at 03:07 PM   #1
ak21

Liked: 14 Times

McMaster Game Development Association
Hi MacInsiders,

I am in the process of starting the McMaster Game Development Association (MacGDA) to promote careers in Game Development as well as develop skills within McMaster that can be used in the Game Industry.

Our association consists of three main parts:
1. Create a skilled team with various skill sets in creating game projects (Android, iOS, and PC games)
2. Expand & Teach new skills to the McMaster Population, by setting up seminars, with various professors, researchers & Industry professionals.
3. Become an information hub for highschool & university students in Hamilton wanting a local association to go to for advice & information in game development & possibly assistance in starting a similar club in their highschool.

Why is this important?
Fostering and gaining new skills as a student is something of great importance when competing for a career and when creating a portfolio to showcase to employers. For Highschool students, we want to become a source of advice and assistance they can go to for resources in getting into the game industry or clear any misconceptions students may have about what a job in the game industry involves.

This does sound ambitious, however we have gotten some support from various departments on campus, a room, high-end computers (do note, there not finalized yet, but in the process of finalizing these generous donations).

If your interested in being a member but NOT an Executive member then please fill this out:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1VhW...Z 54/viewform (for our own information, and so we contact you once we have our first event).

If your interested IN BEING an Executive member then please fill this form out (Deadline: Monday June 10 @6:00pm): https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1oYl...DqhhA/viewform

To stay updated, check our Facebook & Twitter account:
http://Facebook.com/MacGDA
http://Twitter.com/MacGDA1

Last edited by ak21 : 05-28-2013 at 03:16 PM.

newbo likes this.
Old 05-31-2013 at 10:04 AM   #2
newbo

Liked: 17 Times

This sounds extremely exciting, we had previously attempted to have a McMaster Game Design Club, it was a shambles do to various reasons (one being mismanagement :/) but I know a quite a few people who would definitely try to show support for this, including myself. If theres a way I can help I'll try to do what I can. I can even get in touch with the McMaster Computing and Software society, they would probably be willing to back this in some way or another.

Let me know what you think!
Old 06-04-2013 at 07:09 PM   #3
ak21

Liked: 14 Times

Hi, Sorry for the delayed reply, yep we can definitely use your help, feel free to message me at '[email protected]' and we can speak a bit more on what your skills are, and what exactly you were trying to plan with the Game Design Club. We have gotten some support this far though from Media & Computing, there hosting our website atm, along with some proffessors here and there. If your also interested, feel free to apply for an Executive position here: http://ow.ly/lIlmT