MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Club - The Association for the Preservation of Air (APA) WWWD? Clubs & Groups 0 08-25-2010 01:25 PM
Aanii/She:kon from the McMaster First Nations Student Association MFNSA Introduce Yourself 2 08-25-2010 09:34 AM
McMaster African Students Association Open Discussion Forum viv_ntiri MacInsiders Announcements 0 11-06-2009 01:02 AM

McMaster Arms Association

Old 11-18-2010 at 11:47 PM   #1
Mazer

Liked: 60 Times

McMaster Arms Association
Hi all,

For a while now I've been toying with the idea of trying to start a firearms-related club here at McMaster, and I've finally decided to give it a shot (pun not intended). The club would involve things like gun safety tutorials/discussion, learning/discussing historical as well as cutting edge firearm technology, learning how to get your gun license here in Canada, and anything else you're interested in.

This thread is to collect interest and ideas. If you are willing to be listed as a member on the application form, please PM me your first and last name, student number and macID. I realize this is a sensitive topic for schools, so please don't turn this thread into a "lulz u have no hope of getting approved" discussion. Leave that trouble to me.

Brian Nixon

Toast says thanks to Mazer for this post.

gallagaj, lakhim, Rakim like this.
Old 11-21-2010 at 05:50 PM   #2
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

I'd be interested, but know next to nothing about firearms. I have yet to shoot one but have always wanted to try... can a gun be rented at a firing range? Are there even any firing ranges in the vicinity?

Old 11-21-2010 at 06:02 PM   #3
dedust
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 2 Times

I will totally be in too... where do we shoot? bsb basement?
Old 11-21-2010 at 06:40 PM   #4
Fight0
Elite Member

Liked: 141 Times

Of course someone with the name DeDust would want to fire guns

Old 11-21-2010 at 06:40 PM   #5
CrashPlague
Gravity is Just a Theory

Liked: 33 Times

lulz u have no hope of getting approved

Mazer says thanks to CrashPlague for this post.

Old 11-21-2010
Rakim
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 11-21-2010 at 07:02 PM   #6
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

I'm down for a pew pew club

bcars, collinbf like this.
Old 11-21-2010 at 07:03 PM   #7
nawedc

Liked: 3 Times

Yo, I see enough as it is in scarborough... Just gotta make it official

bcars, Yashoda like this.
Old 11-21-2010 at 08:15 PM   #8
Mazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendoon View Post
I'd be interested, but know next to nothing about firearms. I have yet to shoot one but have always wanted to try... can a gun be rented at a firing range? Are there even any firing ranges in the vicinity?
That's okay, we'll teach you. There's a firing range called Silverdale Gun Club about half an hour away. You can't rent guns from them but if you go with someone who's fully licensed, you can sign a waiver and shoot under the supervision of them and the range officer. Also, people are nice and will usually let you shoot their guns if you ask nicely.
Old 11-21-2010 at 08:27 PM   #9
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
That's okay, we'll teach you. There's a firing range called Silverdale Gun Club about half an hour away. You can't rent guns from them but if you go with someone who's fully licensed, you can sign a waiver and shoot under the supervision of them and the range officer. Also, people are nice and will usually let you shoot their guns if you ask nicely.
I'm in, then. PMing now!

Old 11-21-2010 at 08:45 PM   #10
Mazer

By the way guys, the application is done and submitted, so I no longer need all your info. Just send me a PM if you're interested and I'll keep you up to date on the status of the club. Giving me an email address would make this easier for me but you don't have to give me one if you don't want to.
Old 11-21-2010 at 09:03 PM   #11
Mazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedust View Post
I will totally be in too... where do we shoot? bsb basement?
Awesome. McMaster University has a strict "No Guns" policy effective for the entire campus, so any shooting that takes place will be at actual gun ranges.
Old 11-21-2010 at 09:10 PM   #12
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

Can I be an exec? :o
Old 11-21-2010 at 09:24 PM   #13
Mazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF_CHAN View Post
Can I be an exec? :o
Probably. The existing positions are all kind of up in the air right now, and we're going to need additional positions.
Old 11-23-2010 at 07:38 PM   #14
Freija
Elite Member

Liked: 384 Times

So what sort of positions are available right now?