MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Club - The Association for the Preservation of Air (APA) WWWD? Clubs & Groups 0 08-25-2010 01:25 PM
Aanii/She:kon from the McMaster First Nations Student Association MFNSA Introduce Yourself 2 08-25-2010 09:34 AM
McMaster African Students Association Open Discussion Forum viv_ntiri MacInsiders Announcements 0 11-06-2009 01:02 AM

McMaster Arms Association

Old 01-20-2011 at 10:19 PM   #46
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

...I am wondering if I should grow a full beard just for the first meeting lol

camais likes this.
Old 01-21-2011 at 12:24 AM   #47
WWIIIisNEAR

Liked: 1 Time

a gun license does not entail violence..fact is is that its not registered firearms and owners that commit crimes..its the unregistered illegal street guns that make the headlines. so the more registered firearm owners the better, because we know who has the guns.
Old 01-21-2011 at 12:50 AM   #48
Lessica

Liked: 13 Times

I have a few quick questions: You have to be 18+ to shoot at the Silverdale rifle range, correct? Would there be any opportunities for somebody younger to learn?
Old 01-21-2011 at 01:35 AM   #49
WWIIIisNEAR

you can be under the age of 18 to go to silverdale i believe you just have to be with a person with a gun license. to go to the course you must be 18 to receive a license and 18 to purchase a firearm
Old 01-21-2011 at 01:40 AM   #50
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWIIIisNEAR View Post
you can be under the age of 18 to go to silverdale i believe you just have to be with a person with a gun license. to go to the course you must be 18 to receive a license and 18 to purchase a firearm
what if you're a brown guy?

CrashPlague likes this.
Old 01-21-2011 at 01:44 AM   #51
WWIIIisNEAR

they screen you regardless if your getting your license with a past history theres no chance your getting it. brown black white they dont care they review you and if they think you are suitable to own firearms your license comes in the mail.

Afzal likes this.
Old 01-21-2011 at 02:07 AM   #52
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

im good with the toast.
Old 01-21-2011 at 02:41 AM   #53
WWIIIisNEAR

butter over margarine any day on toast..get that plastic particle stuff away from me
Old 01-21-2011 at 10:07 AM   #54
hampire

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Quote:
In the case of a minor, parent or legal guardian's consent is mandatory - some ranges also mandate in the case of minors, said parent or legal guardian is in attendance.
Old 01-21-2011 at 03:03 PM   #55
Lessica

Liked: 13 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by hampire View Post
In the case of a minor, parent or legal guardian's consent is mandatory - some ranges also mandate in the case of minors, said parent or legal guardian is in attendance.
I guess I'll wait 'til next year, then. I'm 99% sure my parents would not approve of this as an extracurricular activity, let alone come and supervise...
Old 01-21-2011 at 04:07 PM   #56
hampire

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessica View Post
I guess I'll wait 'til next year, then. I'm 99% sure my parents would not approve of this as an extracurricular activity, let alone come and supervise...
Gee whiz, we had families bringing kids 8 years old to shoot at the last charity event I worked. Start working on the 'rents
Old 01-21-2011 at 11:14 PM   #57
gallagaj

Liked: 19 Times

By the way, to anyone interested. There is a firing range that allows those who do not have their gun license to still shoot, whereas everywhere else does not. It is every tuesday night after 6 pm. Its called the beginners shooting night. It is at the Pinecrest Gun Club in St. Catherines.
Old 01-21-2011 at 11:39 PM   #58
Commander
P.I.M.P

Liked: 63 Times

Quote:
a gun license does not entail violence..fact is is that its not registered firearms and owners that commit crimes..its the unregistered illegal street guns that make the headlines. so the more registered firearm owners the better, because we know who has the guns.
Definition of Violence : Act of aggression

Promoting the possession/knowledge of firearms (what the club is about) is going to INCREASE the # of people owning firearms.

Some of those people are f'd in the head and some not. Therefore there is going to be an increase either way.
Old 01-21-2011 at 11:54 PM   #59
Nate1

Liked: 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
Definition of Violence : Act of aggression

Promoting the possession/knowledge of firearms (what the club is about) is going to INCREASE the # of people owning firearms.

Some of those people are f'd in the head and some not. Therefore there is going to be an increase either way.
Getting a gun license isn't that easy of a task,as you need to do a course first, and then the government does background checks and such (so it's a bit of a lengthy process). So most of the "f'd in the head" people will be weeded out, and the other's, well the chance of gun related violence from any mentally unstable people is still minimal. Most mentally unstable people that do show aggression(like engage when they engage in the act) is usually immediate behaviour that isn't pre-planned or so, so the chance of them having a loaded gun near them if they "snap" or something is very unlikely, as there are storage requirements for ammo and the guns themselves (i.e you can't just have a loaded gun laying around,etc).
There's been actually tons of studies done that show a correlation between increase of gun licenses and decline of gun related crimes.

Mazer says thanks to Nate1 for this post.

WWIIIisNEAR likes this.
Old 01-23-2011 at 04:49 PM   #60
WWIIIisNEAR

if people were to use registered firearms in ways that are not legal..they are not very bright. everything is registered and they will find them because even the ammunition is registered. i think people are scared of guns but the truth is without ammunition a gun is a piece of shiny metal no more dangerous than a 2x4. with ammunition a firearm is a dangerous tool, but the fact is more people get hurt with tools available at home depot than they do firearms. and if someone hurts themselves or hurts another with a firearm, its not registered gun owners, its illegal guns.