MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Club - The Association for the Preservation of Air (APA) WWWD? Clubs & Groups 0 08-25-2010 01:25 PM
Aanii/She:kon from the McMaster First Nations Student Association MFNSA Introduce Yourself 2 08-25-2010 09:34 AM
McMaster African Students Association Open Discussion Forum viv_ntiri MacInsiders Announcements 0 11-06-2009 01:02 AM

McMaster Arms Association

Old 05-09-2011 at 06:15 PM   #76
hampire

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Another Charity Event is coming up this Sunday!!!!!!!!

AGAIN THIS IS NOT AFFILIATED WITHT HE MCMASTER ARMS ASSOCIATION

Sunday, May 15, 2011 @ Target Sports Canada (GTA)
Glock Day

Who: Target Sports Canada
What: Try your hand at shooting various Glock guns. Cost will be $30 for 3 mags of ammo and a raffle ticket, with free food.
Where: 14 Stalwart Industrial Drive, Gormley ON, about 20 minutes north of Toronto along the 404.
When: Sunday, May 15, 2011, from 9am to 5pm
Why: Shoot some guns! Proceeds from the event will be donated to the Yellow Brick House.

Note: All shooters must bring valid photo ID and proof of address, and minors will need a parent or guardian to sign for them.

-----

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: Do I need a firearms license to shoot?
A: No, a firearms license is not required! You will be supervised by a licensed shooter (as required by law) to ensure the firearms are handled safely and responsibly.

Q: How old do I have to be to shoot? At least 18?
A: Legally speaking there is no minimum age required to be able to use firearms. Practically speaking, a shooter would need to have the maturity and motor skills required to handle a gun safely. My younger brother had no trouble handling the recoil of a .45 calibre handgun when he was ten years old. Just think of it this way: if you wouldn't trust your kid with a knife, don't put a gun in his hands. Note that minors will need to have a waiver signed by a parent or guardian.

Q: I am a gun owner or I know a friend who owns guns. Can I bring my own guns and ammo?
A: No! Organizers need to be able to control the types of guns and ammunition used during public events to ensure safety, and that means that only the guns and ammo provided are allowed.
Old 10-25-2011 at 12:05 AM   #77
Mazer

Liked: 60 Times

Hi all,

McMaster Arms Association has been invited to a free seminar on "Mental Marksmanship", graciously organized by Cameron Smith, an avid competitive shooter with background in military and law enforcement. The event is scheduled for Thursday November 10th from 7-9pm (doors open at 6:30) in McMaster University Student Centre (MUSC) Room 313. The presentation is expected to be 1 hour, with the remaining time being for questions. The seminar, aimed at achieving the optimal mindset for accurate shooting, is based on this book:

http://www.paladin-press.com/product...oulder_Weapons

As always, give us a shout if you have any questions, comments or suggestions. If you're not yet a member, email your name and student number to [email protected] to be added.

Cheers,

Brian Nixon
Old 01-06-2012 at 12:27 PM   #78
Mazer

Hi all,

McMaster Arms Association will be having its first general meeting of the year this Monday, January 9th 2012 at 7pm in Clubspace (Student Centre Room 215). This informal meeting will be for introductions, talking about the future of the club and who knows what else.

Let us know if you have any questions.

See you there,

Brian

[email protected]

Freija says thanks to Mazer for this post.

Freija likes this.
Old 01-24-2012 at 06:18 PM   #79
Mazer

Quick update:

Nik Tornifoglia will be promoting McMaster Arms Association with a club table in the student centre (MUSC) on Friday February 3rd 2012, starting around 10am. Come check it out! The table will have a backboard.