MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
McMaster LAN Club kevinf Gaming 12 11-02-2010 12:15 AM
Call For Save the Children MAC Club Executives 2010-2011 Jess MacInsiders Announcements 1 03-09-2010 01:38 AM
McMaster Kendo Club TylerA Clubs & Groups 1 01-20-2010 11:40 AM
McMaster Juggling Club waldo Clubs & Groups 5 12-12-2009 03:25 PM
Bedlam Executives Kick Off New Video Game Career Series at McMaster Gene MacInsiders Announcements 2 01-14-2009 03:18 PM

McMaster Leprosy club looking for junior executives

Old 01-24-2012 at 03:03 PM   #1
karna

Liked: 28 Times

McMaster Leprosy club looking for junior executives
Hi,

My name is Karna and I am the co-founder of McMaster Leprosy Club. We are looking for 3-4 junior executive members (1st year and 2nd year) for our club to carry out leadership roles and help senior execs with fundraising for the current semester and next year. If you are interested please email us at [email protected]. The posting will be open until all the positions are filled. Please feel free to join our facebook group 'McMaster Leprosy Club' to find out more information about the club.

- Karna Dhiravani
Old 01-24-2012 at 03:33 PM   #2
3am Coffee

Liked: 155 Times

do i have to have leprosy?
Old 01-24-2012 at 03:48 PM   #3
collinbf

Liked: 49 Times

sooooo . . . mannny . . . jokes . . . coming . . . to mind. ahhhhh joke overload
Old 01-24-2012 at 07:11 PM   #4
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

What's the goal of the club? What do you plan on doing?
Old 01-24-2012 at 07:26 PM   #5
spiketown

Liked: 5 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by collinbf View Post
sooooo . . . mannny . . . jokes . . . coming . . . to mind. ahhhhh joke overload

Please share some of them.
Old 01-24-2012 at 09:43 PM   #6
lux

Liked: 318 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerual View Post
What's the goal of the club? What do you plan on doing?
I'm going to spill the beans on this one cuz I see it written all over it. The purpose of this club is for keeners to beef up their resume by fabricating a 'club' dedicated to a generic disease so that they can have an 'executive position' even though there are probably less than 10 people in the club. I don't like saying the dreaded 'm' word, but i will -_- it's so they can get into med.

There I said it. You can disagree with me or not, but it's as clear as day what they're trying to do...

bye now.

Edit: From what i know leprosy is fairly treatable with Multi-drug-therapy, and there are funding agencies (mostly christian for some odd reason) in Canada. Unless you're raising substantial funds to donate, a club dedicated to leprosy seems unnecessary...

Last edited by lux : 01-24-2012 at 09:50 PM.

lawleypop likes this.
Old 01-24-2012 at 09:56 PM   #7
Chevalier
Elite Member

Liked: 203 Times

^^ eh by this point theres a club at mac for a lot of genetic diseases, some i havent even heard of, some that probably dont even effect all that many people.

that said, even though what you are saying is probably right for a lot of them, i think ill continue to be a bit naive and trust the goodness of people and hope that they are doing what they do because they are passionate about the actual cause.

anyways good luck with the club and if i see you guys selling cupcakes i usually have spare change so ill help out and indulge myself while im at it.

Biochem47, Rhythm like this.
Old 01-25-2012 at 11:22 AM   #8
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lux View Post
I'm going to spill the beans on this one cuz I see it written all over it. The purpose of this club is for keeners to beef up their resume by fabricating a 'club' dedicated to a generic disease so that they can have an 'executive position' even though there are probably less than 10 people in the club. I don't like saying the dreaded 'm' word, but i will -_- it's so they can get into med.

There I said it. You can disagree with me or not, but it's as clear as day what they're trying to do...

bye now.

Edit: From what i know leprosy is fairly treatable with Multi-drug-therapy, and there are funding agencies (mostly christian for some odd reason) in Canada. Unless you're raising substantial funds to donate, a club dedicated to leprosy seems unnecessary...
Wanted to say the same thing but I'm inebriated right now so I would not have been able to be nearly as verbose. Kudos.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.