MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
@muss.cis.mcmaster.ca vs @mcmaster.ca KMoney First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 09-13-2010 06:04 PM

McMaster Lipdub

Old 09-25-2011 at 07:35 PM   #1
kumara

Liked: 7 Times

McMaster Lipdub
I heard its been postponed, just wondering if the lipdub is happening....and if so when??? thanks !~
Old 09-25-2011 at 07:41 PM   #2
Faer
Elite Member

Liked: 338 Times

Sorry for the silly question, but I've wanted to know for as long as I heard Mac's doing it...what exactly IS the lipdub?
Old 09-25-2011 at 07:46 PM   #3
Deegs14
Cogito, ergo sum

Liked: 156 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faer View Post
Sorry for the silly question, but I've wanted to know for as long as I heard Mac's doing it...what exactly IS the lipdub?
It's just a video where a song is being played and people are mouthing along to the lyrics. For our sake it's just like a huge school pride thing. Everyone sings and dances and shows school pride, etc.
The whole hype essentially started with UBC's lip dub which was quite impressive imo (certainly seems to have cost a bit of money)
Here's the actual video.

As for the OP I have no clue when its going back on - try checking the official facebook page?

Faer says thanks to Deegs14 for this post.

Faer likes this.
Old 09-25-2011 at 08:00 PM   #4
Faer
Elite Member

WOW. Now I'm excited as well. Can't WAIT to see what Mac comes up with!
Old 09-25-2011 at 08:07 PM   #5
RockerSocker
Account Locked

Liked: 90 Times

I think it's being led and organized by members of the MSU/SRA, meaning don't expect it to EVER happen.

Jamalf, L'Étoile, temptingf8 like this.
Old 09-25-2011 at 08:19 PM   #6
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockerSocker View Post
I think it's being led and organized by members of the MSU/SRA, meaning don't expect it to EVER happen.
I believe support by parts/all of the MSU has been dropped and its up to the original organizers to get this thing going.. it was postponed/cancelled, last I heard.
Old 09-25-2011 at 08:19 PM   #7
Faer
Elite Member

*shakes head*

Wow.
Old 09-25-2011 at 09:31 PM   #8
JonSnow

Liked: 13 Times

I'm on the committee. Basically the school doesn't want to support us unless we get club status or organize it with another existing club which is already to late. We can't get sponsors unless the school recognizes us officially. We have postponed it to second semester, where we should get club status.

TLDR McMaster's being a b*itch
Old 09-25-2011 at 09:35 PM   #9
RememberTwce
Memento Mori

Liked: 878 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
I'm on the committee. Basically the school doesn't want to support us unless we get club status or organize it with another existing club which is already to late. We can't get sponsors unless the school recognizes us officially. We have postponed it to second semester, where we should get club status.

I hope your name is a reference to the ASoIaF book series: What Jon Snow knows

(This isn't meant to be an insult.)

Faer likes this.
Old 09-25-2011 at 09:50 PM   #10
Faer
Elite Member

Quote:

Well, I just hope it happens and is even more amazing than the ones I've seen. It sounds like a fab idea.

EDIT: LOLWUT. Nothing. xD
Old 09-25-2011 at 10:27 PM   #11
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Liked: 543 Times

I wanna go to UBC dentistry so bad!!! this vid makes me wanna go there asap!

McMaster University, Honours B.Sc. in Biology '13, Minor in Psychology

University of British Columbia, DMD '17, Doctor of Dental Medicine
Old 09-25-2011 at 10:36 PM   #12
Eternal Fire
Elite Member

Liked: 227 Times

Quote:

meaning you people didn't do enough research... there is always rules when you want to get sponsor for anything
Old 09-26-2011 at 01:00 AM   #13
temptingf8
Elite Member

Liked: 129 Times

Club status holding you back? Really?

That might be the least of your worries. There is a lot of red tape ahead of you. It is not impossible to deal with, but you sure as hell better be prepared. I hope you guys don't find out the hard way.
Old 12-23-2011 at 09:00 PM   #14
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Is this still happening? Everyone was so psyched at the beginning of the year. We haven't heard anything about it for a long while except for that it's slated for second semester. Are there any updates? Because... second semester starts in less than two weeks.
Old 12-23-2011 at 09:27 PM   #15
apples12

Liked: 91 Times

Last time I checked the club for McMaster Lipdub got ratified by MSU for January 2012...

Here's the list: https://www.msumcmaster.ca/content/d...ist%202012.pdf

lizziepizzie says thanks to apples12 for this post.