MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VIDEO: McMaster Welcome Week 2015 - Nursing Recap #macww2015 admin MacInsiders Announcements 0 09-08-2015 01:01 PM
McMaster vs Ryerson vs Western for Nursing? Shivani Patel First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 10 05-23-2014 01:24 PM
McMaster Nursing lisar96 Academics 5 01-13-2013 06:03 AM
McMaster nursing 2010 admission average?! If you have been accepted...please answer! memyselfandi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 05-24-2010 03:25 PM

Mcmaster Nursing

Old 10-26-2016 at 06:19 PM   #1
Nabiha4

Liked: 0 Times

Mcmaster Nursing
Hey!

Im a grade 12 student and want to apply to Mcmaster undergraduate 4 year nursing program. I have a few questions, so if anyone can answer them that would be great!!

1. What mark is needed to get accepted/what was the cut off grade in the last few years? I have grades in the high 80's, but don't know it that is enough to get in?
2. How is the program like and what are most of the coarse focused on? My strongest science is in bio and I'm okay in chemistry, so wanted to know if there is a lot of chem? Also, does nursing have the right coarses, that might help me if I choose to give the mcat in 3 or fourth year?
3. Do most graduates get jobs in nursing right after or no?
4. I'm considered life sciences and medical radiation in mac too, so I wanted to know how is nursing in mac in general?? How are the classes, is it overall a good experience and the work load in first year?

Thankyou so much!!
Old 10-26-2016 at 10:28 PM   #2
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 580 Times

1. On the McMaster website, easily found via google.
2. I don't think there's a ton of chem. You can take a look at all of the required courses online, though.
3. There are always job postings for nurses - of course, you'd need to pass your licensing exam first.
4. Those are three very different programs that will take you to different career paths. I'd suggest considering where you want to end up, as well as back-up plans.
Old 10-27-2016 at 10:17 AM   #3
Nabiha4

Thank you
Old 10-30-2016 at 06:14 PM   #4
Lydia D

1. I think an average in the high 80s is definitely enough to get into the program if you do really well on the casper test. I know some people who got in with averages in the high 80s, and i had lease heard some people did not get in with averages in the 90s (probably because of casper)
2. We have biochemistry second semester, and I do not think there is a lot of chem integrated into the program
3. Im not sure, but i would like to think that they do
4. So far it is a pretty good experience! There are a lot of adjustments that needed to be made coming into university but its not too bad. Everyone is very supportive and there's this awesome sense of togetherness