MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Switching from Ryerson to McMaster woolfglitch First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 09-15-2013 03:48 PM
Transferring out of McMaster to Ryerson? guerilla First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 12-18-2012 09:12 PM
Mcmaster to western? enarab Automotive & Transportation 6 02-06-2012 07:33 PM
McMaster to Western Transfer Process incognito Academics 16 12-22-2010 01:34 AM

McMaster vs Ryerson vs Western for Nursing?

Old 05-11-2014 at 02:37 PM   #1
Shivani Patel

Liked: 1 Time

McMaster vs Ryerson vs Western for Nursing?
Hey everyone, I am having a very tough time deciding where I want to go for Nursing. I know that each university will have some pros and cons and that everyone will have a different experience but I really wanted some advice. I know McMaster is well known for their medical programs but I wanted to know more about how the university is and how good their nursing program is. I have heard good things about Ryerson's nursing program as well but more info would be great. I don't know much about Western's nursing program or about how Western university is. Please provide me with any information that you think will be useful in helping me decide. Things like how the nursing program is, the professors, class sizes, campus and anything else would be great! I know that no matter where I go I will graduate with the same nursing degree but I want the best experience which will prepare me the most for my career. I have been debating for such a long time and I still can't come to a final decision about where I want to go so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 05-11-2014 at 04:22 PM   #2
nikJ

Liked: 85 Times

Mac's course registration system aside, its a great university!

Campus is neither too small nor too big. People are super friendly. I have a friend who graduated from Nursing and she loved it at Mac.

Also, Wuck Festern!

Chad, Shivani Patel like this.
Old 05-12-2014 at 10:40 AM   #3
LauraV
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 11 Times

McMaster's Nursing program is EXCELLENT. In the past the admission average into McMaster's program is higher than a lot of the science programs. My friend LOVES the program and she has the opportunity to do placements at a lot of really great places, giving her relevant experience in the workplace.

Chad, Shivani Patel like this.
Old 05-12-2014 at 01:26 PM   #4
Bigmacfatpack

Liked: 13 Times

Go to McMaster or Western for Nursing!

Shivani Patel likes this.
Old 05-14-2014 at 09:44 PM   #5
MoyashiSerena

Liked: 3 Times

Me too!
Hi guys~

My name is Serena. I have applied to the main sites for McMaster, Ryerson, Queen's, Western and Brock. I have gotten into Ryerson, Western and Brock. McMaster is my top choice, but I have not been accepted there. For McMaster so they are still reviewing it and have not placed my application as a definite no. I believe Queen's is the same.

Ryerson was my top choice out of the acceptances, however I came across the CRNE pass rate and for Ryerson it is lower then both Brock and Western. Now I am completely torn on which school to go to. On the plus side of Ryerson, I heard that they have a great nursing program and I can live at home and transport in whenever I so please. However, I have heard good things about all of the other universities I applied to as well.

Can you guys please give some light on which university you feel is the best choice, of the ones I have been accepted too? Also, how easy would it be to transfer to Mac if I got in say June?

Thanks for any help you can give me in advance.

Chad likes this.
Old 05-22-2014 at 04:45 PM   #6
kittycat999
Account Locked

Liked: 0 Times

If you can get into Queen, do it. If not, I would recommend Western. Grades in University is largely related on how well you perform against your classmates. If you want easier grades, go to Ryerson. Their Nursing program is great so don't be scare of the passing rate. On top of that, being in Toronto will give you plenty of opportunities for placement.

Don't stress on Mac's acceptance. You will look back 4 years later and be glad you dodge the bullet.
Old 05-22-2014 at 05:02 PM   #7
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycat999 View Post
If you can get into Queen, do it. If not, I would recommend Western. Grades in University is largely related on how well you perform against your classmates. If you want easier grades, go to Ryerson. Their Nursing program is great so don't be scare of the passing rate. On top of that, being in Toronto will give you plenty of opportunities for placement.

Don't stress on Mac's acceptance. You will look back 4 years later and be glad you dodge the bullet.
this person sounds like someone who is bitter about rejection and made an account just to tell ppl not to come to mac lol

Old 05-22-2014
Phoneup
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 05-22-2014 at 09:18 PM   #8
Shivani Patel

Thanks everyone for your help! I truly appreciate everyone's advice. I have decided to pick McMaster and have already accepted my offer. I hope it will prove to be the right decision! Thanks again

Chad likes this.
Old 05-22-2014 at 09:37 PM   #9
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

Awesome! CONGRATS ON ACCEPTING MCMASTER!

Shivani Patel says thanks to Chad for this post.

Old 05-22-2014 at 10:07 PM   #10
Shivani Patel

Thanks!
Old 05-23-2014 at 01:24 PM   #11
allanandthera

Liked: 33 Times

I'm not too sure on nursing but I wonder how McMaster places in big Toronto Hospitals though...