MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mac Scholarship Qadd Financial Aid 1 08-04-2010 04:30 PM
McMaster scholarship level 2 redorangez Financial Aid 4 06-30-2010 02:44 PM
mcmaster entrance scholarship - osap muns2 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 07-17-2009 02:40 PM
McMaster Scholarship & Payment Agreement Lois Academics 2 06-22-2009 04:47 PM
random mcmaster scholarship mandee08 Financial Aid 25 08-26-2008 12:59 AM

McMaster Scholarship

Old 07-13-2009 at 01:15 PM   #61
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
Truee.. But I guess it makes up for the lack of entrance scholarship after 2nd year, especially since there are so many of them
It's a bit of a crap shoot to get scholarships. The demand is far greater than the supply, so you really need to be better than your competition.
Old 07-13-2009 at 01:27 PM   #62
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
If you are in first year it'll become available later. Mine came out on the 23rd last year, so if you don't see one by August then you should start contacting the Financial Aid department.

The reason is because our marks were finalized in April/May while first years have their marks finalized in June/July and then it takes time for OUAC to receive the marks, which means it takes more time for McMaster to receive the marks, which in turn means it takes longer for you to receive the scholarship since processing has to take place.
Jeremy explained it all
Old 07-13-2009 at 01:28 PM   #63
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTGregD View Post
It's a bit of a crap shoot to get scholarships. The demand is far greater than the supply, so you really need to be better than your competition.
Sigh.. It can never be as bad as high school.. That was just way too much competition.. I don't think anything can ever be as bad.. I hope not anyway
Old 07-13-2009 at 01:46 PM   #64
Freak705
Elite Member

Liked: 158 Times

Ah. It seems kind of inefficient considering I took an extra year after high school so my marks were finalized over a year ago, so you would think they would have had my final marks when I first applied <_<
Old 07-13-2009 at 01:48 PM   #65
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak705 View Post
Ah. It seems kind of inefficient considering I took an extra year after high school so my marks were finalized over a year ago, so you would think they would have had my final marks when I first applied <_<
I have no idea how that would work... I know the highschool keeps your files on record for atleast 2 years. So they might have sent your information at the same time as all the other applicants? Just a guess though.
Old 07-13-2009 at 01:52 PM   #66
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

I'm pretty sure they send them all at the same time, since that's what happened to a friend of mine who took a semester off. I am hoping that you high school knows about your year off though? :S
At the same time, was this a deferred offer? Cuz the university should have all your info and marks on file then :S
Old 07-13-2009 at 02:08 PM   #67
Freak705
Elite Member

Liked: 158 Times

No no, it wasn't a defferred offer. I took co-op, calculus and grade 10 cooking class in an extra semester and I'm working right now. My application went out during my extra semester. There are no problems there :p I've had multiple emails informing/congratulating me on my $2000 entrance award, I'm just waiting for it to show up on the SOLAR payment agreement *thumbs up*

Last edited by Freak705 : 07-13-2009 at 02:11 PM.
Old 07-13-2009 at 02:12 PM   #68
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak705 View Post
No no, it wasn't a defferred offer. I took co-op, calculus and grade 10 cooking class in an extra semester and I'm working right now. My application went out during my extra semester. There are no problems there :p I've had multiple emails informing/congratulating me on my $2000 entrance award, I'm just waiting for it to show up on the SOLAR payment agreement *thumbs up*
Ooh sounds good! I think since you're entering first year though, it'll show up with the rest of incoming first-years on August 1st.. Just so it follows the same pattern as everyone else, and it's much easier for the admissions people to do it that way to.. Sucks i know :(:F