MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
McMaster Science Society President and VP Social Elections temara.brown MacInsiders Announcements 5 02-10-2010 05:42 PM
McMaster Life Science Society Presents Absolute Zero temara.brown MacInsiders Announcements 0 12-08-2009 04:00 PM
McMaster Biology Society (2009) anusingh88 General Discussion 0 09-05-2009 06:53 PM
Science Society Elections, 2009 temara.brown MacInsiders Announcements 4 02-09-2009 11:43 AM

McMaster Science Society Fall 2009 Updates

McMaster Science Society Fall 2009 Update

Scientists!

The McMaster Science Society (MSS) always has a lot of fun and helpful programs in the works. Coming up this Tuesday, December 1st, there will be an exam survival series to help first year students through their first round of finals. Upper years as well as professors will be there to make sure you get the all the tips you need to ace your first set of exams! This event is being held in MDCL 1102. Check out the facebook event for the Exam Survival Series here.

In the new year, we have the much anticipated Formaldehyde. It is the cheapest and classiest formal on campus! Scientists will also be celebrating Pi Day, the unveiling of the 2010 class gift, general meeting, the opening of applications for science rep (scico) positions, and various academic programs.

The McMaster Science Society holds office hours each weekday from 9AM until 2:30AM in BSB B108. Drop by and find out more about what the MSS has available (like cool swag!) and check out their website. You can now also become a fan of the MSS on facebook!
Published by
MacInsiders Staff

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 11-23-2009 at 11:31 AM   #2
florencem.
Program: Social Sciences
Year: Second
Residence: SOCS!

Liked: 34 Times
I'm not in Science but I'm really looking forward to the science formal.. I've heard it's really well done!

temara.brown says thanks to florencem. for this post.
  Deleted Post Deleted Post
Old 11-24-2009 at 01:42 AM   #3
IbrahimH
Program: Psychology, Neuroscience & Behaviour
Year: Second

Liked: 13 Times
What time is the exam survival thing on Dec. 1st being held?
Old 11-24-2009 at 10:58 AM   #4
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff
Program: Origins Research Specialization
Year: Other

Liked: 352 Times
This is what was posted on the facebook fan page:

Hey first year science students!

Are you feeling ready for your first set of University exams? You will after attending...

EXAM SURVIVAL SERIES

presented to you by the McMaster Science Society.

Come to
MDCL 1102
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
at 7:00 PM

have some FREE pizza & pop

and hear your first year profs in
Biology 1A03, Chemis...try 1A03, Math 1LS3 and Psych 1X03

give you great tips on how to study for and ace your first set of exams!

You don't want to miss out. If you're a first year science student and you are not taking these classes - consider coming for some great general Exam Study tips from your knowledgable professors and your McMaster Science Society reps

GET READY FOR THIS EXAM SEASON.

Come to Exam Survival - next TUESDAY.

E-mail [email protected] if you have any questions!

SEE YOU THERE!

Old 11-24-2009 at 07:24 PM   #5
Alchemist11
Elite Member
Program: Life Science
Year: Alumni
Residence: A

Liked: 553 Times
Regarding the Exam Survival Series:

"This event is being held in MDCL 1305"

"Come to
MDCL 1102"

Just wondering if anyone knew for sure which room it's being held in.
Thanks
Old 11-24-2009 at 07:56 PM   #6
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff
Program: Origins Research Specialization
Year: Other

Liked: 352 Times
I was told that it was 1305 by the mss president but I would trust the 1102 number since it was put together by the actual person who coordinated it. Sorry for the confusion! I've changed the number in the above message.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search