MacInsiders Logo
Old 08-24-2010 at 12:08 PM   #1
Vlahos

Liked: 0 Times

McMaster Ultimate Frisbee
Hey Everyone!

Anyone who is interested in trying out for the Ultimate Frisbee team there will be tryouts Tuesday - Thursday (Sept 7-9) from 4:30 to 7 pm. The location of the tryouts are still waiting to be determined but if you are interested make sure to stop by the Ultimate Frisbee table during clubs fair (Wed. Sept. 8th) and put down your email so we can add you to our email list.

Everyone is welcome to tryout, whether it is your first time playing or you have played before and wanna play at a higher level. Its a lot of fun and a great way to stay in shape and meet some new people.

There is both a women's team and a men's team and its a great experience if you are interested in playing the sport.

If anyone has any questions just post them here or message me on facebook (Alex Vlahos).

take it easy,

Vlahos
Old 09-02-2010 at 09:57 PM   #2
Kerbs

Liked: 17 Times

I would love to join, but I live off campus. What is the commitment/schedule going to be like?
Old 09-02-2010 at 10:41 PM   #3
Vlahos

Practises are Tuesdays-Thursdays from 4:30 to 7:00 pm, but we understand we are all students so if you cant make a practise cause of class then it happens.

You might as well come out for the tryouts see how you like it and then figure out how to make the practises
Old 09-06-2010 at 04:32 PM   #4
popester

I would love to try for the women's team, but I don't think I can make the times. It's my first year and welcome week events are in the middle of tryouts. If I come to only some is that ok? Also I'm missing club day for a health sci event thing. My email's [email protected]

thanks!
Old 09-07-2010 at 02:10 PM   #5
Kerbs

Liked: 17 Times

Ok so unless we have a time machine and figure out on the eighth where practice is on the seventh I have no idea where practice is going to be today...
Old 09-08-2010 at 08:37 AM   #6
Vlahos

Sorry Wednesday is at the Mayfair oval and Thursday is at field b (behind Ron Joyce stadium)
Old 09-08-2010 at 07:29 PM   #7
daljunam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlahos View Post
Sorry Wednesday is at the Mayfair oval and Thursday is at field b (behind Ron Joyce stadium)
would it be possible to try out on thursay even if i could not /did not show up in the previous days?
i understand there might be a slight disadvantage on cutting the players out but i'd like to really tryout. i just figured the tryout dates today...
Old 09-09-2010 at 06:20 AM   #8
Vlahos

Ya for sure you can still cone out