MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Getting from mcmaster to university of waterloo? killza Automotive & Transportation 9 02-21-2010 08:17 PM
The McMaster University Bursaries jhan523 MacInsiders Announcements 13 01-03-2010 11:11 PM
mcmaster/hamilton to university of waterloo shleyaa General Discussion 5 11-24-2008 02:07 PM
McMaster University Sustainability Day Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 10-27-2008 08:17 AM
McMaster University Music Ensembles dchan28 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 07-02-2008 08:24 PM

McMaster University App for Smartphones

Old 01-04-2011 at 07:00 PM   #1
gillybean

Liked: 1 Time

McMaster University App for Smartphones
I downloaded the McMaster University App for iphone and it is useless.
http://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/mcmas...388970328?mt=8

Does anyone who actually knows how to create apps (i.e. engineers and/or multimedia students) want to make a better one? Perhaps one that includes easy access to MacInsiders, Avenue2Learn, MUGSI and the mac websites?

Just thought id throw the idea out there incase anyone wanted to make some money. As an iphone users, I would even pay for an app that actually allowed me to access Avenue and MUGSI on my phone in a secure, fast and easier way then through the regular web browser on the phone.

If I knew how to make apps/had the time and patience to make one, I would.

Anyone up for the challenge?

ishk33 likes this.
Old 01-04-2011 at 07:27 PM   #2
bcars
Elite Member

Liked: 286 Times

Sit tight. The MSU (particularly Campus Events) is going to release a smartphone app in the near future, from what I understand, there's some technical problems with the company we are dealing with.
Old 01-04-2011 at 07:33 PM   #3
gillybean

Liked: 1 Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcars View Post
Sit tight. The MSU (particularly Campus Events) is going to release a smartphone app in the near future, from what I understand, there's some technical problems with the company we are dealing with.
i was hoping for one that allows us to easily access Avenue and Mugsi without a million pop-ups.
Old 01-04-2011 at 07:36 PM   #4
bcars
Elite Member

Liked: 286 Times

Lol, won't happen. There's all kinds of security things with MUGSI and Avenue, and the reason you have problems accessing it isn't the interface, it's the server, so you'd get the same problems with a smartphone app and if anything, a smartphone app to do that would make the servers even worse.
Old 01-04-2011 at 08:25 PM   #5
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillybean View Post
i was hoping for one that allows us to easily access Avenue and Mugsi without a million pop-ups.
While your not getting that for smartphone anytime soon, there is an extension written by MI user Afzal that puts the Avenue login right on the page, rather than in a pop-up to save you some trouble there. You can find the extension link in his thread (link)
Old 01-04-2011 at 09:53 PM   #6
eullwm
Elite Member

Liked: 221 Times

You honestly expect something with regards to this school to work?

Old 01-04-2011
SciMania
This message has been removed by a moderator. .