Memory -FX

Old 12-06-2009 at 05:12 PM   #1
Infinity
Elite Member

Liked: 90 Times

Memory -FX
So I saw this new product online:

from the makers of Cold - FX

seems to be legit... might work wonders for those of us that have bad memories?

http://well.ca/products/memory-fx_14400.html

i'd like to give it a try... anyone know any stores around Mac that would have it?
Old 12-06-2009 at 07:48 PM   #2
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

There is mild cognitive improvement over a long-term supplement of ginseng, but nothing significant compared to other dietary things you could be doing for your age... i'm assuming you want this for studying?

(garbage imo)
Old 12-06-2009 at 09:12 PM   #3
Infinity
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrw88 View Post
There is mild cognitive improvement over a long-term supplement of ginseng, but nothing significant compared to other dietary things you could be doing for your age... i'm assuming you want this for studying?

(garbage imo)
haha yes of course.

it probably is useless.... i mean memory improving stuff would be a miracle...

what would you recommend?
Old 12-06-2009 at 09:13 PM   #4
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity View Post
what would you recommend?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adderall

Old 12-06-2009 at 10:12 PM   #5
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTGregD View Post
"Adderall is widely reported to increase alertness, libido, concentration and overall cognitive performance while decreasing user fatigue"

Sounds too good to be true!

Wonder what it's like for an already very horny 15 year old boy to have his libido increased.
Probably like a rabbit humping a teddy bear.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 12-06-2009 at 10:18 PM   #6
Mahratta
Elite Member

Liked: 366 Times

Both ginseng and (especially) gingko have been documented to cause moderate increases in functioning cognitive ability, so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
"Adderall is widely reported to increase alertness, libido, concentration and overall cognitive performance while decreasing user fatigue"

Wonder what it's like for an already very horny 15 year old boy to have his libido increased.
The downsides are that you forget about eating and sleeping. Compromises...
Old 12-06-2009 at 10:29 PM   #7
Infinity
Elite Member

Quote:

wow. how that is so wrong.
Old 12-06-2009 at 10:33 PM   #8
Infinity
Elite Member

oh i don't want to reduce fatigue.. i can stay up without stimulants... I want something to help me remember stuff. I have a terrible memory when I study... i want to be able to look at something and retain it.. not write it a 1000x then finally understand... and i want to be able to remember this stuff cuz when I usually write midterms i end up forgetting what ever i studied afterwards and it sucks when the final comes around
Old 12-06-2009 at 10:44 PM   #9
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity View Post
i want to be able to look at something and retain it..
I could be wrong, but I thought that wasn't exactly something you can be taught.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 12-06-2009 at 11:21 PM   #10
Infinity
Elite Member

Quote:
I could be wrong, but I thought that wasn't exactly something you can be taught.
yeh that is true... but you can always strive towards it like through the right diet and stuff but you'll never truly have it. Like I envy those people... its amazing to be able to have that ability.
Old 12-06-2009 at 11:54 PM   #11
Rossclot

Liked: 137 Times

There is no real magic pill you can take. You learn things by using them. You can sit there and try to memorize something so you can vomit it back on a test, but in reality, you need to apply it.

1)Visualize the ideas.

2)Use/find examples to see how the ideas are applied.

3)Use words involved in what you are doing and make a crazy association with it
(like if you had to remember which 6 foods were the highest sources of riboflavin, make up an acid trip doctor seuss children's story involving the ideas.)

These things might seem like a lot of work, but you need to engage yourself to properly learn things, and that means work. Doesnt mean it cant be fun though.

You could always befriend some suicidal people and hope they kill themselves just before exams. Maybe you will get some sympathy marks that way. Watch "Dead man on campus" to find out more.