MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Informal Meetup = Success! Entropy General Discussion 45 11-22-2010 09:08 PM
Informal MI Chat meetup AelyaS General Discussion 337 11-17-2010 07:04 PM
Macinsiders Meetup: Welcome Week Edition! Entropy General Discussion 6 08-27-2010 06:57 AM
DeGroote MeetUp goodnews.inc First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 09-06-2009 10:03 PM

MI [email protected] Meetup (Saturday, May 11th)

Old 05-08-2013 at 02:32 PM   #1
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

MI [email protected] Meetup (Saturday, May 11th)
Incoming firsties: So let's say you woke up bright and early on Saturday morning and made the commute from wherever you are to McMaster for [email protected]. You spent the day walking around and learning all about Mac's history and what the school has to offer you. Fresh from disbanding from your respective tour group, you realize it's 3:00pm and you have nothing else to do for the day, which kind of seems like a waste 'cause you weren't even here that long anyway. What do you do now?

Conveniently enough, MacInsiders is having an informal meetup of sorts just for you! Well it's not really for you and more a reason for a group of us to hang out, but we're a pretty welcoming group and would be glad to take you in. We'll meet in front of the Student Centre/Mills area at 3:00pm or earlier, and then decide what we want to do next from there-- it'll likely just be a tour/wandering/chilling session followed by dinner somewhere nearby after. I'll be the one in shades and a blazer looking uncomfortable.

If you're free and want to get an unbiased opinion from students who know what Mac's really like and aren't obligated to brainwash you into thinking how great our school is (not that it's bad, but you'll probably be let by some unnecessarily enthusiastic students during the day), feel free to join us. And if you're already an upper-year student who's never met anyone in this community before, you can come by and say hey too. Either way, you can get to know us a little better ahead of time by stepping into our domain and introducing yourself.

Confirmed appearances from Grover, goodnews.inc, Jester, and myself so far, and will be updated as we get more. I'm pretty sure we can convince anyone else in the area to join us once we establish a group too.

And if you're all afraid we're all a bunch of creeps on the Internet...we are. But not actually. I'm the one that doesn't run like a girl here.

tl;dr: come say hey on Saturday the 11th at 3:00 outside MUSC, it'll be funtiemz.

Jester says thanks to Entropy for this post.

justinsftw, Watoko like this.
Old 05-08-2013 at 02:36 PM   #2
skk1

Liked: 3 Times

do u know who i can contact to become a volunteer for [email protected]

Grover likes this.
Old 05-08-2013 at 04:50 PM   #3
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 526 Times

Usually your faculty or student services but prob over
Old 05-08-2013 at 11:34 PM   #4
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Oh neat, maybe I'll be there for some engineery thing and can stop by
Old 05-11-2013 at 09:48 AM   #5
justinsftw
Elite Member

Liked: 342 Times

Is this still happening?

Entropy says thanks to justinsftw for this post.
Old 05-11-2013 at 11:56 AM   #6
Ponyo

Liked: 278 Times

newbies dont be fooled by the brochures and emails the uni sends you
this is the truth: http://i.imgur.com/u1BJbWE.jpg?1?7316

so go to the MI meet today and get the insiders scoop on how things really are

jim1 likes this.