MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
buying a mini fridge cjdzl First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 08-08-2010 10:19 AM
Mini Fridge Petition Chad MacInsiders Announcements 1 07-16-2010 09:59 AM
Mini Fridge Ruggedman First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 23 08-29-2009 11:37 PM

The mini fridge

Old 07-28-2012 at 05:09 PM   #16
Griffindoor
Account Locked

Liked: 5 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
The fridges are $125 including a $25 deposit.

From the website:
3 Cubic Foot Refrigerator - Two Semesters - $125.00 - includes taxes and $25 refundable deposit

Prices listed include taxes, delivery, servicing, pick-up and a $25.00 refundable cleaning deposit. Cleaning deposits are refunded if the product comes back clean, dry and defrosted.

Source:http://www.coldexrents.com/price_list.php?id=5
Wow thats ridiculous but whatever. Don't sneak one in dude its not worth the stress or risk just rent one you hardly use it other than beverages anyways.

apples12, Jaz1616 all say thanks to Griffindoor for this post.
Old 07-28-2012 at 05:31 PM   #17
guptas46

Liked: 9 Times

get creative! http://www.geekologie.com/2007/09/13...eer-fridge.jpg

Jaz1616 likes this.
Old 07-29-2012 at 02:45 PM   #18
Jaz1616

Liked: 1 Time

Ahahah thats...pretty genius!

Buuut looking at the link its technically only a $100..thats actually not too bad I guess. :$ So I think I'll just rent it out for first year rather than trying to be a badass and possibly get busted! :|

And David, you can check some out at Wal Mart and Best Buy if you want! I was just walking around and thought I'd take a quick look in that aisle at the stores!

apples12 likes this.
Old 07-29-2012 at 04:11 PM   #19
Angoose
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

Has anyone actually gotten caught doing this? Would we get fined, or just be asked to remove it ?
Old 07-29-2012 at 07:38 PM   #20
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Liked: 106 Times

My friend snuck his fridge in last year and used it for a semester. We has co-op after that so he just had to sneak it back out.
Old 07-29-2012 at 10:25 PM   #21
Scuderia
RocketSaurus

Liked: 110 Times

This is honestly so stupid. You should be allowed to bring in your own fridge. The university is probably cashing in big on this deal. I think the MSU should really fight this.
Old 08-01-2012 at 07:48 PM   #22
guptas46

Liked: 9 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuderia View Post
This is honestly so stupid. You should be allowed to bring in your own fridge. The university is probably cashing in big on this deal. I think the MSU should really fight this.
if i remember correctly the IRC did fight it, especially cuz the year the implemented it, they gave us ZERO warning. it was just like, oh btw no fridges. kthxbai. This was... i think sept 2010.

the fight only got to "fine, we'll let you have it this year, but as of next year, NO excuses."

Also, and this is pure speculation, the MSU might be IN on the cashing in, forget fighting it

I agree though. ridiculous. You'll find a lot of things out of your control at Uni.. just gotta make your voice heard... and then roll with the punches lol... what else can be done!
Old 08-01-2012 at 08:11 PM   #23
Angoose
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

Well, speaking from experience. My roommate and I rented the "larger" one last year and it was very small. I doubt it was even 5 cubic feet. Also, it looked like someone threw it out the window, then lifted it back upstairs to our room...the freezer flap was also broken. Thanks Coldex.