MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Engineering 1 ADMISSION INFO/HELP!! madhawatk First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 25 02-13-2011 01:03 AM
Engineering Musical Info Night!! micadjems General Discussion 0 09-15-2008 06:43 AM
Mission to Mac temara.brown First Year Success 6 07-22-2008 09:53 AM
First Year Engineering Info Night Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 03-28-2008 01:17 AM

Mission Fireball - NEW Engineering, Comp Sci & B.Tech Info Site

Old 06-26-2011 at 12:25 PM   #1
wolfgang

Liked: 3 Times

Mission Fireball - NEW Engineering, Comp Sci & B.Tech Info Site
Engineering has just launched a new website that will inform Engineering, Computer Science & B. Tech students on important information related to their degree. the Mission Fireball site has general information related to MUGSI, SOLAR, MacIDs, course registration, Student Life, Career Blueprints and more, as well as FAQs that many students ask their academic advisor in the Associate Dean's Office. Please take a look at the website, whether you're a first year student, or a graduating student, this site can help you!

http://www.missionfireball.c om/

Keep checking back as the site is updated with new videos and FAQs. If your particular question can't be found on the website, go to the bottom of the FAQ page and ask a question.

Spread the link to all your engineering, comp sci and b. tech friends!!
Old 06-26-2011 at 12:38 PM   #2
Bhaltair
Elite Member

Liked: 158 Times

Why do I have a feeling Chad did this?
Old 06-26-2011 at 12:48 PM   #3
Chevalier
Elite Member

Liked: 203 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaltair View Post
Why do I have a feeling Chad did this?
haha bottom right of page .... "Site designed by Chad Fullerton"

Bhaltair, L'Étoile like this.
Old 06-26-2011 at 12:49 PM   #4
adaptation
Elite Member

Liked: 305 Times

Brilliant site! Thanks for sharing.

wolfgang says thanks to adaptation for this post.
Old 06-26-2011 at 01:37 PM   #5
AnguishedEnd
Elite Member

Liked: 103 Times

Very nice site! Browsed through it and looks like it should help out first years a lot with registration questions etc etc. Good stuff!

wolfgang says thanks to AnguishedEnd for this post.
Old 06-26-2011 at 02:06 PM   #6
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Whats the point of this website? Doesnt the engineering/coop website of mcmaster cover all this already?
Old 06-26-2011 at 02:15 PM   #7
sjager

Liked: 59 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdragon View Post
Whats the point of this website? Doesnt the engineering/coop website of mcmaster cover all this already?
Agreed, another website just dilutes information and now more effort has to be put in to keep everything consistent. My bet is they just wanted the fancy design, considering McMaster has strict PR guidelines for their websites ending with mcmaster.ca
Old 06-26-2011 at 02:51 PM   #8
blackdragon
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjager View Post
Agreed, another website just dilutes information and now more effort has to be put in to keep everything consistent. My bet is they just wanted the fancy design, considering McMaster has strict PR guidelines for their websites ending with mcmaster.ca
I would think prospective students would check the university website for any questions they have... why would they trust a random source, unless that website gets officially supported by Mac Eng..
Old 06-26-2011 at 03:23 PM   #9
sjager

Quote:
I would think prospective students would check the university website for any questions they have... why would they trust a random source, unless that website gets officially supported by Mac Eng..
Exactly, and I haven't heard or seen anything in the Mac Eng website pointing to that new one yet. Specifically www.eng.mcmaster.ca/future/
Old 06-26-2011 at 04:14 PM   #10
GCSM
Half Life 3 Confirmed

Liked: 95 Times

Quote:

© 2011 McMaster Engineering

so im assuming its supported, probably by goeng1

Last edited by GCSM : 06-26-2011 at 04:16 PM.
Old 06-26-2011 at 04:26 PM   #11
adaptation
Elite Member

Liked: 305 Times

Jeez, why is everyone so cynical. I for one appreciate the effort as a prospective engineering student and i learned a few things. Therefore the website is successful.
Old 06-26-2011 at 04:34 PM   #12
sjager

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSM View Post
© 2011 McMaster Engineering

so im assuming its supported, probably by goeng1
I just talked to the people who run Eng Outreach, they've never heard of it....
Old 06-26-2011 at 05:01 PM   #13
blackdragon
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaptation View Post
Jeez, why is everyone so cynical. I for one appreciate the effort as a prospective engineering student and i learned a few things. Therefore the website is successful.
Or you didnt look properly at the mac eng website... so fail, on your part...
Old 06-26-2011 at 05:35 PM   #14
InvisoBill

Liked: 23 Times

Personally I find the new site more inviting. Although it's kind of redundant but it's nice to have all the general engineering info in one place and plus it's not just a bunch of boring text

wolfgang says thanks to InvisoBill for this post.

wolfgang likes this.
Old 06-26-2011 at 05:51 PM   #15
mike_302
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

The MES is not behind it, the Eng outreach office has never heard of it... And yet all the content belongs to either of those two parties... I'm confused.

DannyV likes this.