MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Timetable lab mistake? GB123 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 08-20-2011 06:20 PM
OSAP Mistake VastHorizon Academics 1 06-08-2010 12:30 AM
BIG MISTAKE (I Think) noghi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 12-04-2009 01:40 AM
Chemistry Lab Mistake :S jdia Academics 5 09-25-2009 04:14 PM
OSAP Mistake? Ruggedman First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 08-02-2008 05:43 PM

Mistake on OSAP

Old 01-11-2012 at 02:18 PM   #1
kanvi_v30

Liked: 7 Times

Mistake on OSAP
So, I went to pick up my OSAP on Monday, and I noticed today that the person wrote $610 to give to the institution when it should have been $1610. Who should I see about this?
Old 01-11-2012 at 02:19 PM   #2
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Either the room where you picked up the OSAP, or the OSAP office in gilmore hall (go up the stone stairs behind the hotdog stand at the student centre and just go forward through the 2 sets of doors.
Old 01-11-2012 at 02:23 PM   #3
Elliott779

Liked: 35 Times

What will happen if you can't get it sorted out in time is they will only give $610 to the university, and you will owe $1000 on your Student Account.

But, you will receive that $1000 in the form of a cheque or direct deposit from OSAP, so once you receive it you could just put it towards the balance on your student account, and it would be the same result as if OSAP paid the university directly.

alyssarr, RyanC like this.
Old 01-11-2012 at 09:05 PM   #4
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

Since its already in transit, not much you can do now but wait until your osap money is deposited into your bank account or mailed to you. I picked it up on wednesday and they said for DirectDepoist, we should see it by this friday
Old 01-12-2012 at 08:18 AM   #5
MacAttk

Liked: 38 Times

^Exactly. Once you've processed your papers, there's nothing you can do. Just pay the $1000 when you get the money deposited into your account. No biggie.
Old 01-12-2012 at 08:40 AM   #6
kanvi_v30

If they don't have my banking info, they would mail the cheque right? Also, is the cheque sent as soon as the papers are processed?
Old 01-12-2012 at 08:49 AM   #7
MacAttk

Yes. If they don't have your info, a cheque is sent. As to when its sent, I wouldn't know as I've never done it that way. Good luck!

kanvi_v30 says thanks to MacAttk for this post.
Old 01-13-2012 at 03:42 PM   #8
alyssarr

Liked: 51 Times

I picked up my OSAP on January 4th and what ever was left of my tuition, OSAP was going to cover that. My tuition hasn't changed since, and the banking lady said it would take approximately 5 days. I'm worried because isn't the tuition due by January 15? I don't want to be charged for paying my tuition late... -.- why does it take so long for OSAP to complete my tuition?

*this isn't an OSAP mistake, I posted this on another forum but got unpatient c:
Old 01-13-2012 at 06:13 PM   #9
MacAttk

It can take up to 12 business days, just be a little more patient. And I believe if you're paying with soap, you have more time

alyssarr says thanks to MacAttk for this post.
Old 01-13-2012 at 06:29 PM   #10
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssarr View Post
I picked up my OSAP on January 4th and what ever was left of my tuition, OSAP was going to cover that. My tuition hasn't changed since, and the banking lady said it would take approximately 5 days. I'm worried because isn't the tuition due by January 15? I don't want to be charged for paying my tuition late... -.- why does it take so long for OSAP to complete my tuition?

*this isn't an OSAP mistake, I posted this on another forum but got unpatient c:
it may take some time... i picked up mine on the 5th and today it was added to my account... well not even completely because only the grant has been credited to my account so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAttk View Post
It can take up to 12 business days, just be a little more patient. And I believe if you're paying with soap, you have more time
if only mac would take this package of lever 2000 i have as tuition payment

alyssarr says thanks to giftedchick for this post.

alyssarr, MacNeuro, merc67 like this.
Old 01-13-2012 at 06:41 PM   #11
kanvi_v30

Quote:

How much do they charge for late tuition? I paid the amount I was supposed to pay and the rest is going to be paid by my OSAP but the $1610 will be transferred to my student account on the 17th but the tuition is due on the 15th, so I'm kind of worried.

alyssarr likes this.
Old 01-13-2012 at 07:04 PM   #12
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanvi_v30 View Post
How much do they charge for late tuition? I paid the amount I was supposed to pay and the rest is going to be paid by my OSAP but the $1610 will be transferred to my student account on the 17th but the tuition is due on the 15th, so I'm kind of worried.
If you're worried about late fees, go talk to someone in Financial Aid. They might be able to put a note on your account so that you aren't charged for someone else's mistake.
Old 01-14-2012 at 08:45 AM   #13
alyssarr

Thanks guys!! I just checked my account, and it's covered.
I just needed to be a bit more patient ha
Old 01-19-2012 at 08:43 PM   #14
alyssarr

-.- So after OSAP payed for my tuition, my account balance was -39.19. I THOUGHT that meant I owe 39.19 but really thats what was left of OSAP!! SO my dad payed 39.19, and now it says -78.38! I was just wondering how I get this money back, should I just go to that office where they take care of all that fun stuff (cashier place..something like that ha) THANK YA!
Old 01-19-2012 at 09:45 PM   #15
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
-.- So after OSAP payed for my tuition, my account balance was -39.19. I THOUGHT that meant I owe 39.19 but really thats what was left of OSAP!! SO my dad payed 39.19, and now it says -78.38! I was just wondering how I get this money back, should I just go to that office where they take care of all that fun stuff (cashier place..something like that ha) THANK YA!
Go buy a book or something, I wouldn't bother getting it turned into a cheque, theres bound to be something at the book store you'll buy sooner or later. I personally have like 800$ bucks, lol.

alyssarr says thanks to RyanC for this post.