MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need someone to can switch mmedia 1b03 to evenings R_21 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 08-28-2010 09:47 PM
MMEDIA 1B03 Trading Cores? Mfm12 Academics 11 08-17-2010 04:47 PM
I need MMedia 1B03 icecubz Academics 4 07-13-2010 05:17 AM
MMEDIA 1B03 - Anyone dropping? (1st Year) R_21 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 07-02-2010 12:36 AM
mmedia 1b03 ralphd Academics 12 06-30-2009 02:24 PM

Mmedia 1b03

Old 06-01-2010 at 06:56 PM   #1
anthony

Liked: 7 Times

Mmedia 1b03
I am interested in taking this and wanted to know a bit more about it. I am interested in photography so I thought this might be fun to take. Has anyone taken this or know someone who has taken it?
Old 06-01-2010 at 07:12 PM   #2
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

There's a course review here: http://www.macinsiders.com/showthread.php?t=1839 3

anthony likes this.
Old 06-01-2010 at 08:16 PM   #3
anthony

Thanks Feona. Where did you find that because I looked through the list of first year course reviews and couldn't find it.
Old 06-01-2010 at 08:42 PM   #4
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Go to course reviews, then search the category for "mmedia"

anthony likes this.
Old 06-01-2010 at 08:48 PM   #5
anthony

Thanks. I wasn't aware that there were multiple ways to look up the reviews.
Old 06-01-2010 at 09:06 PM   #6
blackdragon
Elite Member

No problemo
Old 06-01-2010 at 10:11 PM   #7
michelle

Liked: 61 Times

Multimedia is awesome.

I'm a little biased because I just graduated from the program and was a TA for three years. I'd be happy to answer any questions that you have about the courses and profs.
Old 06-01-2010 at 11:20 PM   #8
gabriela.05

Liked: 4 Times

Although im not majoring in this i thought it was fun and interesting!
If you plan on taking it, i reccomend you familiarize yourself with photoshop, and dreamweaver programs, it would help : )
I found that since most of my courses required a lot of reading/essay writing etc. this was a nice change since you do assignments and projects on the computer.

p.s. photography is a big part of this course!
Old 06-01-2010 at 11:48 PM   #9
blackdragon
Elite Member

Id love to take this course. Howcome engineer's cant take it? :(
Old 06-02-2010 at 06:29 AM   #10
anthony

Thanks for the input everyone. I look forward to this class if it's not full when I register.
Old 06-02-2010 at 02:35 PM   #11
leah.d

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle View Post
Multimedia is awesome.

I'm a little biased because I just graduated from the program and was a TA for three years. I'd be happy to answer any questions that you have about the courses and profs.
Maybe you could help me decide? there are 3 different options with this course (Mmedia 1B03), there are two core courses available in second term C01 and C02 but there is also an evening course. However, if i want to chose the evening course on SOLAR how do I pick it as the evening course if it is C02 as well. How does solar decipher between the two C02 courses?

Also, I previously tried to get into this course last year but it was full the day SOLAR opened to me. Is this because I am in 4th year Kinesiology and not Multimedia? Do I have to wait for it to be opened to Multimedia students first? Solar confuses the crap outta me.
it opens for me on June 8th because I am technically a 4th year science student so will i be able to register for this course then or do i have to wait until june 29th when solar opens up for first year Humannities since it is a 1st year humanities course?
Old 06-02-2010 at 03:43 PM   #12
michelle

Liked: 61 Times

I'm not really sure about the SOLAR stuff. I'd contact your academic advisor about that.

Enrolment is always really high for that course. I know that they hold spots for people that are attempting to enter into the Multimedia program because it's a prerequisite. You could always try emailing the prof for special permission as well. Like I said though, they'll always give preference to someone who needs the class to apply for the program.

The course code for the evening class should be 1B03E rather than just 1B03.

leah.d says thanks to michelle for this post.
Old 06-02-2010 at 04:11 PM   #13
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by leah.d View Post
Maybe you could help me decide? there are 3 different options with this course (Mmedia 1B03), there are two core courses available in second term C01 and C02 but there is also an evening course. However, if i want to chose the evening course on SOLAR how do I pick it as the evening course if it is C02 as well. How does solar decipher between the two C02 courses?

Also, I previously tried to get into this course last year but it was full the day SOLAR opened to me. Is this because I am in 4th year Kinesiology and not Multimedia? Do I have to wait for it to be opened to Multimedia students first? Solar confuses the crap outta me.
it opens for me on June 8th because I am technically a 4th year science student so will i be able to register for this course then or do i have to wait until june 29th when solar opens up for first year Humannities since it is a 1st year humanities course?
About choosing between day and evening core courses, there is a dropdown menu in SOLAR for Day vs. Evening.

It depends on the class, but sometimes these first year classes are open to 4th years and then they roll open another batch of seats for people who need them.

You hear a lot of stories of the 4th years "getting to the electives first and stealing all the seats", so it might work out for you this year. :]

leah.d says thanks to feonateresa for this post.